Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall opening doesn't sit centrally (to thickness) of the wall

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mufaddal.maimoon
149 Views, 3 Replies

Wall opening doesn't sit centrally (to thickness) of the wall

Hi Guys, 

I have a thinker her (well atleast for me it is.. i'm sure someone can come up with a simple solution)

Let me set the scene: Stacked wall. Bottom 375mm is a 'standard' brick-faced wall. Top (variable height) is the same brick-faced wall but with a Stucco layer on the exterior. 

I'm trying to add an opening in the wall but the opening is offset by a few millimeters in the depth of the wall so that the very surface of the stucco isn't cut. 

I've attached the revit file and a screen shot. if you look at the screen shot, i've hovered over the wall opening in plan view and you can see it's offset to the depth of the wall. 

you assistance in this is much appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: mufaddal.maimoon

Use a curtain wall with empty system panel, auto embed, to cut the wall.

ToanDN_0-1669453408306.png

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
mufaddal.maimoon
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN thank you! this worked.. it created the opening I needed to see. I assume this is a work around for the original issue. I still don't understand why a simple wall opening didn't work. If you have any insight on this i'd love to know. 

thank you again. 

Message 4 of 4

Opening via Opening Family:  

Opening Family.pngOpening Family2.png

Opening Family3.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators