Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Foundation Not Room Bounding

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
PhilvK
367 Views, 8 Replies

Wall Foundation Not Room Bounding

I added curbs to walls by using a 6" Wall Foundation attached to the base of the walls by just selecting the walls. The base of the walls are offset 6". The wall foundations are not room bounding so I can't place a room unless I add a room separator along the walls. Is there a way to make the wall foundation room bounding?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
hmunsell
in reply to: PhilvK

i don't believe Wall Foundations can be room bounding. Change the Computation height of the room to be above the Foundation you placed. 

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2023/ENU/?guid=GUID-2945C619-2AE6-455D-823C-E4F6AE759B8E

Or you can just use a Stacked Wall and set the base as a 6" Concrete.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2023/ENU/?guid=GUID-CC9640A1-199E-49E3-A036-01B960CD2B78

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
MichaelDol

Запись_2022_11_16_15_27_19_586.gif

Mikhail Dolgikh / Михаил Долгих
BIM-Manager & Teacher / БИМ-Менеджер - Учитель
Facebook

Message 4 of 9
PhilvK
in reply to: hmunsell

Thank you. I thought of stacked walls, but hadn't thought of the computational height. 

Message 5 of 9
PhilvK
in reply to: hmunsell

I tried stacked walls with a curb for the lower wall, and a wall with layers for the upper one. I want the outer layer of the upper wall to be able to be extended past the face of the curb to the floor but I can't get the layers unlocked for the upper wall. Does stacking of walls prevent unlocking layers?

Message 6 of 9
ToanDN

@PhilvK wrote:

I tried stacked walls with a curb for the lower wall, and a wall with layers for the upper one. I want the outer layer of the upper wall to be able to be extended past the face of the curb to the floor but I can't get the layers unlocked for the upper wall. Does stacking of walls prevent unlocking layers?

Break the stacked walls to individual walls.

By the way, it sounds overly complicated.  Why can't you use a Foundation Wall type or a Foundation Slab for the Foundation?

Message 7 of 9
PhilvK
in reply to: ToanDN

I usually use the individual walls. Just experimenting with the stacked approach.

Message 8 of 9
ToanDN

@PhilvK wrote:

I usually use the individual walls. Just experimenting with the stacked approach.

You can select a stacked wall and Break it.

Message 9 of 9
PhilvK
in reply to: ToanDN

Prefect! Thank  you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report