Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wall corner wrapping with 2 windows

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
719 Views, 13 Replies

wall corner wrapping with 2 windows

hello all,

There are 2 walls and 2 windows meeting 90 degree corner. Both walls have Default Wrapping as Do not wrap At Inserts & None At Ends. Both windows have Wall Closure as Both. They don't work like I expected. Please see attached for reference. How can I make layers join like I expected?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Set wall joint to miter?

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you for your reply, but meter join fixed 50%. No interior wrapping. Pleas see below.

I am playing with several different objects like architectural column, window center offset.

We will see.

kyjunmia_0-1633871573195.png

Message 4 of 14
barthbradley

Like this?

L CORNER MULLION 2.png

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

No because the corner is a concrete column with exterior stucco finish. Please see below. That's screenshot of CAD file that I am trying to re-create with Revit LT to practice.

Instead of two walls meeting at corner, I made a column and put it at the corner. And I ran the walls again the column and disjoined. It gives the result close to what I want on floor plan, but now it looks incorrect in elevation. I am thinking about "cheating" by cleaning up with 2D detailing.

kyjunmia_0-1633878742173.png

Message 6 of 14
barthbradley

Cut Geometry doesn't work for you?

Column-CW Corner Condition.png

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

Wow. That should work. I didn't even know what cut geometry can do. I have a lot more to learn.

Would you please kindly guide me to any article or video that demonstrate what you did there? or please explain to me?

First of all, what objects do you have there? architectural column, structural column, walls and window?

or just walls and window?

and what did you cut with what object?

Message 8 of 14
barthbradley

It's pretty simple. Press Cut Geometry and then select the element to be cut followed by the element that is supposed to cut it.  On the Options Bar for Cut Geometry, you can tick "Multiple" to select multiple elements to cut into the target.  In my screenshot, the Column is being cut by multiple Mullions.

Note: if you accidently cut in the wrong order, press Uncut Geometry to undo the cut. 

Displaced Column.png

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

Thank you. I appreciate the visual and your effort to make that visual.

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

Hello again. I have an unexpected problem with columns. The project file is attached. Would you please take a look at 2 problems?

1. 3D looks correct. but not in floor plan.

2. window top and bottom don't get wrapping like left and right?

kyjunmia_0-1633911388791.png

Message 11 of 14
barthbradley

Use the Join Geometry Tool.

Join Geometry 10.png

...but, this won't affect the view in the Second Floor Plan View.  That View is dictated by the View Range.  

Join Geometry 10-2.png

This is all that View Range captures:

Join Geometry 10-3.png

Message 12 of 14
barthbradley

Message 13 of 14
ToanDN

- model the structural column with wrap

- set wall type to no wrap at end

- disallow join each wall end and align by the end of each wall to a face of column

- place a window in each wall and align end of window to face of column

- join geometry column and walls

Message 14 of 14
RDAOU

You guys had one heck of a busy Sunday!!

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report