Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Void visible after cut

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
andre.micka
561 Views, 6 Replies

Void visible after cut

Hello,

I have a problem with voids.

I have created a solid topo from Civil 3D and imported in Revit.

I have created a Void family to cut this topo volume but, even if the family cut the volume, the void still appear...

Can someone tell me why ?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
andre.micka
in reply to: andre.micka

Ok I have found the problem.

Iy is from civil 3D surface. ..

Message 3 of 7
hmunsell

you could import the C3D topo lines and use those to make a Revit Surface.

Capture.JPG

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2020/ENU/?guid=GUID-D7C6E4AF-D902-478D-92C2-CD2DCE338426

Then you can use the split surface or Building Pad tool as needed. 

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
andre.micka
in reply to: hmunsell

Thank you for the link.

But it is possible to create grading with specific slopes (1/1 or 3/2 for example) in Revit like in civil 3d ?

I don't have him 360 to link topography between c3d and Revit

Message 5 of 7
hmunsell

@andre.micka wrote:

But it is possible to create grading with specific slopes (1/1 or 3/2 for example) in Revit like in civil 3d ?

not that I'm aware of. you can make a surface by placing points or drawing lines and different elevations, but Revit is not a "Civil" program. to my knowledge you cant assign a slop to grading in Revit. 

we do not have BIM360 yet either. you should be able to use the Desktop Connector tool to get your up-to-date files from BIM360.

https://www.autodesk.com/bim-360/desktop-connector/

Howard Munsell
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
andre.micka
in reply to: hmunsell

@hmunsell  a écrit :

we do not have BIM360 yet either. you should be able to use the Desktop Connector tool to get your up-to-date files from BIM360.

https://www.autodesk.com/bim-360/desktop-connector/

What do you mean? If I install desktop connector I can link the c3d surface to Revit like bim 360 but in local?

Message 7 of 7
hmunsell

the point of Desktop Connector is for people that do not have a BIM360 license to post and download updated files from BIM360. we have had to use it on a couple projects. I do not know how well it will work with a C3D file that is hosted on BIM360. you'd have to try it..... 

Howard Munsell

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators