Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility parameter for text based families in title block

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
frankHUMBM
261 Views, 3 Replies

Visibility parameter for text based families in title block

Hello,

For our offices spec sheet I would like the individual wall assembly notes to be automatically shown/hidden depending if they are in use in the model. Is this possible? In our spec sheet, each assembly is a family. Example names; W1, W2, W3, W4. I created a visibility parameter for each which I can currently toggle on/off manually in the title block. Is there a formula I can now link this visibility parameter that links it to a model element or wall assembly in use so when the W1 is drawn in the model, it is unhidden in the spec sheet. If the W3 is not drawn in the model, it is hidden. 

The next question I have is if one of these wall assembly families are hidden on our spec sheet, can the list of families collapse up to save space on the sheet and not leave a gap. Example; W1, W2, and W4 are in use. Currently there is a gap where W3 would be (see photo). Is there a way to have all 4 families linked somehow so when W3 is hidden, W4 and anything below it moves up .

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: frankHUMBM

Depends.  What about the spacing throughout?  Does all the other notes on the pages shift up or down depending on how much space is used up by the Wall definitions? But one way to do this would be to populate the list via a Project Schedule and then put the Schedule on the Sheet/Titleblock.  Still...what about the rest of the spacing?  Seems like a damned if you do and damned if you don't dilemma. 😉

Wall Sched by Project 1.png

Message 3 of 4
barthbradley

Actually, I can see in your screenshot, that that is more like a "schedule" anyways - not something you would put into your Titleblock Family since it's Project specific.  A Project Schedule (i.e. Parts MTO or Assembly MTO) would be perfect for this.  

Message 4 of 4
ToanDN

Create a wall schedule, filter by sheet, and place it on sheets.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators