Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visibility overriedes confusion

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pipapongo0909
257 Views, 3 Replies

visibility overriedes confusion

hi forum,

i am struggling for weeks now to understand the. visibility overrides in combination with view range, and i have come to the conclusion the Autodesk guys are willingly keeping the confusion. i cant explain why thete is no better material for learning out there. i had some days of in person trainng by an autodesk certified trainer and he could ( nor would) give me any clear answers on any topic.
if things have been programmed it shoulf be the easy part to explain it. sorry but what is this worth as an explanation. it basically says it could be this or this but also something else

""There are a number of ways to override the display of an element.

It may not always be clear which method of override takes priority over another method, that is, which method "wins" in determining the display of the element. The following list may not cover every scenario, but it includes some common overrides.""
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/EN...

sincerlely, a frustrated Revit user

Jeff Wurth
BIM Manager | Dipl Ing. Bauingenieur
LinkedIn

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: pipapongo0909

Give us an example of a scenario that confuses you.
Message 3 of 4

It is very well explained in that article, in the link you posted. What else could be said about this?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 4
pipapongo0909
in reply to: ToanDN

hi ToanDN,

it is not one example per se. i find it prezty hard to find good documentation about Revit. most of the docs tell you what is obvious and kind of explain out of context.

mybe i am looking in the wrong places but i get the feeling that all i have been figuring out untill now could have been done in 20% of that time with the proper documentation. the link i posted does not tell the hole truth since materials are not meantionned but they play a huge role in the decision how you want things to appear. i am building an inhouse documentation about all this things to tell my users

Jeff Wurth
BIM Manager | Dipl Ing. Bauingenieur
LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators