Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Views from levels in linked file

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
manuelmunoz87
1116 Views, 2 Replies

Views from levels in linked file

I tried searching for threads with similar problems, but I guess this might be way too specific.

I'm currently working on a project comprised of two buildings. One has a level height of almost 4m, the other one 2,50m, thus almost NONE of the levels match. I decided to have them in different files but linked, so they show the project as a whole.

Now I need to show each level from both buildings in the same sheet, even if they're not at the same height (ie levels 1 together, levels 2 together, and so on). If I had everything modeled in the same file, I could use plan regions and refer them to the different levels, but because they're different files I need a workaround that doesn't imply me having to calculate each view range through all the 20 sth sheets.

Is there a way to refer plan views to OR to create views from levels in a linked file? 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

What about setting the Link to "By Linked View" ?  

By Linked View.png

Message 3 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: manuelmunoz87

- Create a floor plan view for each level in the linked files
- Set the link instance in the view of your main file to By Linked View and pick the correct linked floor plan view of the level you want to show from the linked view list. Do it for both links, in each view.
- If you put details and annotation in the linked views then they should show in the host view with the settings above

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators