Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View range and column

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1040 Views, 4 Replies

View range and column

Hi there

I have 5 years experience in Revit and View Range still baffles me.

I work at an architect in Denmark and my engineer’s model is linked into my architectural project. The columns in my engineer’s model has a console, which I do not want to show in my project. But If a try to change the view range, the console still shows.

What to do?

I have attached a few images of my problem:

1: 3D view of column with console

2: Plan view

3: Section view with view reange

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Mirko.Jurcevic
in reply to: Anonymous

If might be the column family issue.

Edit the family and uncheck "Show family pre-cut in plan views" option.

Load the column and see does it show the console now. If yes, then the person responsible for the link should make this change in their model.

pre-cut.PNG

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
Message 3 of 5
hmunsell

We call that a "Haunch" but i believe its that same thing. it depends on how that was drawn. the Haunch/Console is not a standard Revit category. They could have drawn it in a number of different ways. My engineers either use a In-place Component (modeled-in-place) or a Generic Face Based Family that is reciprocated to Columns and placed on the Column in the model. It could also be modeled into a custom column family.

• if you have Select Links on in our selection settings, you can TAB Select to the Haunch/Console and look at its properties to see what category it is associated with.  then using your Visibility Graphics settings, turn off that category in the link. unless they put it on a subcategory, chances are all your columns will likely dispensary too.
    • you can also ask the engineer to put them on a subcategory so you can turn them off as needed.
  • if you can TAB Select it as mentioned above, you can right click on it and Pick Hide In View. you can Tab Select multiple items and hid all of them at once.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Mirko.Jurcevic

Hi Mirko

Your solution fixed my problem! Thank you very much. 

Best regards

Jens Lillebæk

Message 5 of 5
Mirko.Jurcevic

No problem, glad it worked out for you!

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators