Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Keynotes - multiple in one tag

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
HVAC-Novice
1474 Views, 4 Replies

User Keynotes - multiple in one tag

I have some devices that would require multiple user keynotes.  So I end up with multiple keynote tags that may clutter up the view. 

is there a way to make multiple keynotes be in one tag? So instead of a tag with "1", "2", and one with "3", I'd like to have one that refers to notes "1, 2, 3"

A somewhat cumbersome workaround would be to create a new keynote in my txt file that combines the 3 comments. But that increases the number of keynotes (I sometimes really only need one of the keynotes), and makes keynote maintenance more difficult. 

Revit version: R2024.2.1
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

I would place them as individual keynotes, turn off leader to all except one, and stack or line them up.  If you create a key with multiple numbers such 1,2,3 then your keynote legend may show a row with key 1 then a row with 1,2,3.  It wouldn't make sense.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks. that probably is the best i can do with what Revit offers. I don't want to create additional schedule entries. 

To make this easier I though i can use the alignment tool so i don't have to manually align the keynote boxes. But the alignment tool only "recognizes" the reference planes, that are in the center. This type of family doesn't let me add reference planes. So I added reference lines and made them a "strong reference". I placed those reference lines where i would have placed reference planes (at the annotation lines that are the "box" my keynote number is in. But in the model, the alignment tool doesn't recognize the reference lines (doesn't lock onto them).

Is there away to create reference planes, or make the reference lines work with the alignment tool? Or is there another way to align those keynotes? Possible lock them to each other so if I move them around they stay together? 

I attached the tag family. 

Message 4 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

Only the two origin ref planes can be used as guide lines in project.  So you can line them up easily in one direction but you still need to eyeball the locations in the other direction, unfortunately.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: ToanDN

I found a "hear say" reference that reference planes could be copied into a tag family. but i haven't been able to find out how to actually do it. 

thanks for your help. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators