Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing PDF from Revit

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
1503 Views, 13 Replies

Printing PDF from Revit

Hi everyone!

One of my colleague has problem printing pdf from Revit. As a matter of fact when he opens the pdf printing setting window, there is no setting and it's empty. We have checked the update for adobe and Revit, we have reinstalled Revit and adobe but it didn't help. 

Merknad 2020-01-17 160742.png

Is there anyone who has a solution to fix this issue? any idea is appreciated.

Tags (4)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
martijn_pater
in reply to: Anonymous

Install a (new) PDF printer, there are a lot of good printers around... ie. bluebeam / pdf creator / pdf architect / foxit

Message 3 of 14
MostafaElashmawy

Are you using the latest hotfixes of Revit.

Also check if clicking on the Edit button will open Adobe settings.

Annotation 2020-01-27 092050.png

If yes, I may think that this is an issue related to graphics driver. Make sure to update it. That's just a guess and may be wrong.

Mostafa Elashmawy
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: MostafaElashmawy

It's not possible to open the Edit, it's empty. we have installed all the updates for revit.

Message 5 of 14
MostafaElashmawy

I propose to make clean uninstall for revit as per attached link.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

By the way, is Printing to PDf working from other Autodesk software? Autocad for example.

Mostafa Elashmawy
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 14
martijn_pater

Don't think it's a Revit issue, probably it's just the pdf printer that needs reinstalling/repairing.

Message 7 of 14
ToanDN

Reinstall Adobe PDF or another PDF printer. I would give PDF Architect a go.
Message 8 of 14
Karol_Piroska

Get xrev transmit - it will save you literally hours 

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

An even better solution is to use a Revit plugin from the Autodesk app store that can take care of exporting to PDF, instead of using the buit-in printer and a PDF driver. The main advantage of using a good plugin is the auto-detection of sheets, naming, and project-based settings that can save you a lot of time. The plugins are also tested by Autodesk so they work well.

Message 10 of 14
joao.teixeiraVPJZQ

ProSheets will do it all for you. You can easily save different settings to different profiles, use Revit parameters automatically save the PDFs accordingly to the naming conventing you wish. It can also export to DWG, DGN, DWF, NWC, and IFC at once!

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: joao.teixeiraVPJZQ

Hi, I downloaded ProSheets for Revit to print sheets in pdf. However, when printing Arch D size, there is either a margin on the sides. I played with the setup and figured out a way to "fit" ARCH D title block but there is still an inch extra on the top. I don't get why this is happening. Shouldn't there be one specific ARCH D size universally? Then how come revit doesn't recognize it when printing?

Message 12 of 14
luisPDAN6

Have a go with this app from the Autodesk App Store instead. I think it should take your D size with no problems. Is your titleblock exactly D size in the edges or larger? It should be exact to work anyway.

Message 13 of 14
joao.teixeiraVPJZQ

@Anonymoushave you also set the offset from corner to "No Margin"?

PS-offset.jpg

Message 14 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: joao.teixeiraVPJZQ

Got it! Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report