Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update detail group with group from another file

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Marcus.Isacsson
957 Views, 3 Replies

Update detail group with group from another file

Hi fellas!

Is it possible to update a group with a detail group from another file?
When I try copy -> Paste aligned to current view, Revit creates a new group instead of updating the current one.

Detail group hatches.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Marcus.Isacsson

Select the detail group that you would like to replace and type 'SA' (select all).  Replace it with the imported group.  Purge out the original group.

Message 3 of 4
Marcus.Isacsson
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Select the detail group that you would like to replace and type 'SA' (select all).  Replace it with the imported group.  Purge out the original group.

We're using those regions on our sheets, next to the matchlines. Then applying "hide in view" per part.
Don't know if there's a better way?

Anyway, replacing all means we would have to use 'hide in view' all over again I guess? But I guess there's no way around it?

How do you "replace it with the imported group" at the same location?

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Marcus.Isacsson

I'm not sure what you mean by using regions next to matchline and then hiding in the view.  Are your detail groups the matchlines?

If you just want to replace groups in the current view, then you can 'Select all instances in current view'.  Then under type, swap it for the new detail group.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report