Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Extrusion Join

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
PhilvK
729 Views, 4 Replies

Unwanted Extrusion Join

After creating a counter profile (highlighted in yellow in the 1st image below), I created 2 other extrusions which will be support framing (at the red arrows below). When I align the one on the left to the bottom of the counter profile, they join. The one on the right doesn’t. How do I get the one on the left to not join the top extrusion, and why is this happening only on the left?

Extrusion 1.jpg

Extrusion 2.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: PhilvK

Can you tell a bit more about the situation or better upload the relevant parts?

How is everything created? All extrusions or some sweeps? Is it a single/multiple families? Which category? In-place in the project?

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 5
PhilvK
in reply to: L.Maas

I’ve attached the old version, but since have corrected by deleting the offending extrusion and copied over the other from the outer edge. I’d like to hear what you think if you have time to take a quick look.

Message 4 of 5
RDAOU
in reply to: PhilvK

Hey @PhilvK

I do not believe that the extrusion got joined because of aligning it...Align tool does not join element and extrusions do not join automatically (it's not coded in Revit, neither for Extrusions nor for any other 3D modeling tool such as blend/sweep...etc). I believe that the Join happened before/earlier and it just appeared when you used Align

What might have happened is that the Join Geometry was envoked by mistake and you applied (unintentionally) Join Geometry sometime before the Align. In this case...at the first instance you wont see the two extrusions joined...After you applied Align then the top segment of the bottom support got joined with the worktop.

To double check...when you flex the support down...check the properties palette/dialog under Identity data - it does not show it is a Solid Extrusion even when it is detached. Extrusions lose that property when they are joined using Join Geometry.

If this was helpful and answered your query, kindly mark this reply Accept as Solution

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 5
PhilvK
in reply to: RDAOU

By the way, I gave myself a kudo by mistake when I was giving one to you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report