Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unspecified error in Revit 2018

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Tranmyhanh.arch
1304 Views, 7 Replies

Unspecified error in Revit 2018

Can anyone please give me some reasons and solution of this problem.

My project have pretty much warning, I was try to fix some of that and still can working with this file.

But it is always have problem with pick line, normally it kick out Revit when I use that tool.

Recently, it is often appear "Unspecified error" like the picture the kick out of Revit.

Please help me with this. Thank you so much.

Unspecificed  errorUnspecificed errorWarnings tableWarnings table

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hello, try to tick audit before opening the file. Try to clear as much as possible your warnings. Some look like your staircases is not modelled properly check your height landing, Riser and threads? It could be hundred of warnings there and try to install the latest updates from autodesk. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 8

Thank you so much for your suggestion, I have seen many warning in my project, trying to fix it, but this is the first time I see the report " unspecified error" then suddenly kick out of Revit , just wonder much about its reasons

Message 4 of 8

Thank you so much for your suggestion, I have seen many warning in my project, trying to fix it, but this is the first time I see the report " unspecified error" then suddenly kick out of Revit , just wonder much about its reasonUnspecified errorUnspecified errorwarningswarnings

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Tranmyhanh.arch

When you mentioned having issues with Pick Line....are you tracing an Autocad file by chance? 

Message 6 of 8
Tranmyhanh.arch
in reply to: Anonymous

I dont think  I have any cad file still load here, but as I guess and some people suggest, my Revit file have many warnings, that's  the point . thank you

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

When you mentioned having issues with Pick Line....are you tracing an Autocad file by chance? 

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME!  i can be picking lines to create a fill region, or picking lines to create detail lines, then i get a fatal error message.  Revit offers to save a recovery file, after the save, i'm left with a never-ending "unspecified error" pop-up.  HELP.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

I also am having this problem. I hardly make any changes to a file I have, and suddenly the program crashes, cant save a recovery file and I'm stuck in an 'unspecified error' pop up a loop that I can't dismiss. I have to force close the Revit program and attempt to make the few changes before I get kicked out again. My computer is also fairly new and have plenty of program space on the drive, so I know the size of the file shouldn't be the problem.  Is there any solution?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators