Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unload/delete old titleblocks from template

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
stevie_kelly
15252 Views, 9 Replies

Unload/delete old titleblocks from template

Hi guys, I'm creating my Revit template, and I want to purge all of my old title blocks and then load in my new ones. I know how to load new ones in, but I need help deleting/unloading the old ones. Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance!

Capture.PNG

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JasonKunkel
in reply to: stevie_kelly

In your Project Browser, under Families \ Annotation, you should find all your titleblock families listed. Right click on each and select Delete.

2018-04-17_8-05-06.png

If you are having trouble finding them, you can also right-click in the browser and select Search... and type in the name or part of the name of the family. Then select and delete.

Jason Kunkel
Senior Practice Manager, Architecture and Engineering
CADD Microsystems Blog
RVIT Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
Message 3 of 10

why not use purge? (manage>purge) deselect all, go to sheets and select only items u want to purge. 

Message 4 of 10
JasonKunkel
in reply to: d.avalishvili

Purge will work as long as the titleblock isn't being used. If it's being used on a sheet, then the right-click delete will prompt and warn, but still delete. Purge will skip any that are being used.

So, it really depends on the workflow. If all sheets have been updated with the new titleblocks, then purge will be great.

Jason Kunkel
Senior Practice Manager, Architecture and Engineering
CADD Microsystems Blog
RVIT Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
Message 5 of 10
stevie_kelly
in reply to: JasonKunkel

Thanks, I didn't realise Titleblocks were in the Annotation Symbol Section.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: JasonKunkel

So then if you are going to delete all your titleblocks, you will lose your origin. (Assuming the old ones were in the right location). Not the end of the world, but you will then need to relocate and find the origin point to ensure all your sheets are placed in the same location. Once you have placed one, you can copy and paste using "Aligned to selected views". 

Message 7 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Simply create a new sheet and choose the right TB. It will be at the correct origin. Copy paste align to other sheets.
Message 8 of 10
dkeeran

Title block has 3 sub-types with different parameter settings. I want to delete one of the sub-type because it always appears as default with making new sheet and is not wanted ever.   In browser when 

right click on it, "Delete" is grayed out.  ??? All the sub-types are thus. Revit 2021. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: dkeeran

go to manage- purge unused, click check none, expand annotation symbols, you can see the titleblock family , expand the tilteblock family, and if there is unused type it will be listed, check the box and purge it.. cheers

Message 10 of 10
audrey

just what I was looking for!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report