Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to properly input site coordinates

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CLChaisson84
692 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to properly input site coordinates

Good afternoon everyone, I have been using the software for about 15 years now (currently on 2020) and for the life of me I cannot get my sites to go in properly ever since I downloaded 2020.  I have the survey plat from the community with all the bearings and distances but this is what I get when I put it in according to their plat.  However, when I input the same info in AUTOCAD it works just fine!  Whats the deal with the Revit input not working anymore???  I'm sure it's user error but what gives, I've never had issues like this before.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  

Cory

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Are you referring to entering bearing/distance in the table for the property lines? I find that the N/S or E/W are quite often reversed in surveys. It looks like you run into that in one of your pictures (top left). Also, probably not your issue, I'm careful to change my Project Units to match those of the survey. When they don't match (rounding too) then Revit can round the values a bit too much.

Steve Stafford
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Yep; Reverse Calls. Darn dyslectic Surveyors. he, he. 

Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the info!  Yes, we do have errors with NW SE etc... but the last several times we have input a site in AUTOCAD it works perfectly.  But when we put the SAME bearings and distances in the table setup within Revit it gives us something totally different.  Take a look at the image I posted, so weird!  And this is happening on multiple projects... I'm at a total loss!  I promise I'm Revit savvy lol! 

Message 5 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: CLChaisson84

It depends on where you start drawing the property line then you need to alter N/S and E/W based on the direction the segment going to.  For example if you start draw from the red point below then the first segment should be N/W not S/E as shown on the survey.

Annotation 2019-09-05 120118.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report