Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable To Align Roof Lines

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kyle.klouzal
1568 Views, 6 Replies

Unable To Align Roof Lines

I have spent hours trying to get these two roof lines to come together with no avail so i'm turning to the forums for help. Please see the attached pictures.

I have two roof lines on this house which are perpendicular to each other. The main roof has only one slope and the secondary roof has two slopes. I'm trying to get top of the roof line of the main roof to line up with the top of the roof line of the secondary roof. Unfortunately they never quite lineup which creates a bit of a mess on the corners and the energy model generated from this has a bunch of artifacts on the roof making it, more than likely, unusable.

Peak of main roof goes above secondary roof.Peak of main roof goes above secondary roof.Bottom corner where each roof connects is a mess.Bottom corner where each roof connects is a mess.Top corner of where each roof connects is a mess.Top corner of where each roof connects is a mess.Bottom corner of where each roof connects is a messBottom corner of where each roof connects is a messRoof line does not run properly and is offset.Roof line does not run properly and is offset.Overall view of the roof with problem areas.Overall view of the roof with problem areas.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

is this what you want to achieve?

Image 2.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 7

a way could be by using Roof Shape Editing > Modify Sub Elements, as shown in my screencast:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/12611741-e35d-4c52-94d0-9d4b88168315

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 4 of 7

That's almost correct and i've been able to make that type of roof before with no issues. You need to get rid of that small piece of single-sloped-roof off at the top right of your image.

roof_overview.png

roof_overview2.png

Once the roof is made into this shape it seems to get extremely difficult to align the roof lines and intersecting corner.

Message 5 of 7

in the method used by you the aligned is made on the underside of the ridge....

Using Shape Editing you are able to align on the upper side..

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/07d8b678-7537-430a-9a90-8c432926354c

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 6 of 7

you can try to drag the ridge vertically - it will work with a tolerance of 0.8 mm , that could be acceptable in practice.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/e90d8586-a06f-41bb-a4fe-a8aa497850cd

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

Thank you so very much. That was actually really straightforward and only requiring a few simple steps. After watching your screencast a few times and pausing to go back and fourth between my project everything became clear.

Thank you again for your time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators