Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translucent Glass Façade

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dcnkzr
1714 Views, 6 Replies

Translucent Glass Façade

Hi everyone what is the best way to make a Translucent Glass Façade like Steven Holl's seen in the pictures in the link I've added .I know ıt is possible by manupulating curtain wall material translucency but i think ıt won't give the same result.

https://www.archdaily.com/893277/institute-for-contemporary-art-at-vcu-steven-holl-architects

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: dcnkzr

I would suggest creating the translucent material and then seeing how the render turns out.  Then go from there to see if it is possible to get it closer.

I don't think that was rendered using Revit, so the material effects that you see were probably created in alternative software, such as Lumion.

Message 3 of 7

create a new glass material: play with the following settings:

Material-->glass glazing--> transparency--> Translucency 

Message 4 of 7
dcnkzr
in reply to: Anonymous

actually it s not render

Message 5 of 7
bin
Advisor

Curtain wall

Message 6 of 7
barthbradley

I could be misreading, but I think you may be referring to the transmissive properties/qualities of the appearance asset, such as those that are available in the asset "Glass - Frosted". If so, use "Glass - Frosted" asset and modify its Appearance settings to your satisfaction.   

Transmissive.png

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/EN...

TIP: It's all about the Asset. Start there and build upon one that closely matches what you are looking for.  You can usually hit upon a suitable Asset to apply to your Material through a simple keyword search in the Asset Browser dialog box.  

Message 7 of 7
dcnkzr
in reply to: barthbradley

I have had ın mind already.And I did it but after render I didn't get same result.It is not realistc 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report