Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toposolids contour lines

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
reNQGQS
396 Views, 4 Replies

Toposolids contour lines

Hello
I've tested toposolids on a couple of projects now a they are all complaining about the accuracy of the toposolid. In this example I created a toposolid from a dwg. As you can see there are a lot of inaccurace here. Is there a way to solve this? And why does it happen? This wasn't the case with topo surfaces.

reNQGQS_0-1719388975903.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: reNQGQS
Message 3 of 5
reNQGQS
in reply to: barthbradley

Hello

The problem is that it simplifies the terrain so pieces of the terrain are missing. The grey lines in the picture are dwg lines. This is parts of the terrain that are left out.

Message 4 of 5
vitorbortoncello
in reply to: reNQGQS

This is a current issue, and I hope Autodesk comes up with a solution soon:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Inaccurate-toposol...

Only around 500 control points are considered in the toposolids. That reduced number of points modifies the input topography and makes the topography very unrealistic. With Toposurfaces we previously had 50,000 points.

Message 5 of 5
reNQGQS
in reply to: vitorbortoncello

Yes, that makes sense. I really hope they resolve this soon. Thank you for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report