Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOPOSOLID THICKNESS

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
lorena_dantas
953 Views, 13 Replies

TOPOSOLID THICKNESS

I've made a toposolid from a DWG file provided by the topographer. I'd like to know how can I modify the thickness. As you can see, it measures more than 600 m - the base elevation of the project site. I've already removed all the points that where in the bottom and my survey point and project base point are already at the level of the surface.

Labels (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

you cant see the thickness in 3D view go to section or elevation to see and adjust from here.

ennujozlagam_0-1688462993252.png

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 14

What is your version ? I can't find it in Revit 2024. 

Message 4 of 14

it is there just look at icon  massing & site then model site? sorry i dont have R2024 yet. thanks

Message 5 of 14

sorry this is my office account in BIM 360 forgot to login my personal user's account. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 6 of 14

No, there isn't.
Message 7 of 14
jvpantin2
in reply to: lorena_dantas

Try changing survey/project base point height, probably you will need to create topo again.

¿Tu problema fue solucionado? Selecciona 'Marcar como solución'.
Así ayudas a otras personas a encontrar respuestas y agradeces a los miembro de la comunidad.
Message 8 of 14

TS THK.png

Message 9 of 14

@lorena_dantas wrote:

I've already removed all the points that where in the bottom and my survey point and project base point are already at the level of the surface.

Removed Points? Why did you do that?  

Message 10 of 14

Is that a 3D CAD file? Doesn't look like it. If it is, you need to exclude those layers with 2D linework on them in the Toposolid creation process.  

AddPointsFromSelectedLayers.png

Message 11 of 14

Yes, it was a 3d file.

That's why some points where at the bottom and i had to exclude them.

Message 12 of 14
pedruccioli

I'll make a guess here, cause i'm still using 2023's toposurfaces to work, but just makes sense.

Try these:

1 - Adjust the Type thickness to a negative value, since the positive is to go below 0, or:

2 - Move te DWG downwards, create the topo, then reposition it, or leave it there and just adjust coordinates.

Let me know if it worked.

Architecture Modelling, BIM Workflows and Information Exchange.
LinkedIn
Message 13 of 14
jvpantin2

In addition to said by @barthbradley, there must not be any single contour line or element with zero or different elevation other than level curves in selected layers to avoid this kind of issues. As seen in your screen capture the CADfile is plenty of non-topographic elements, probably they are interfering with toposolid creeation. I suggest you delete them.

¿Tu problema fue solucionado? Selecciona 'Marcar como solución'.
Así ayudas a otras personas a encontrar respuestas y agradeces a los miembro de la comunidad.
Message 14 of 14
nehama87

It seems like the source of this thickness is because the Toposolid type has a material that's defined as a 'Variable Material' which means that the bottom face (thickness) of the Toposolid will be located just under the lowest point of the created Toposolid, and since when you created it you had some points on the 0 elevation you get this thickness. To solve this go to the type editing of the Toposolid, click on Structure, and uncheck the Variable Material option on the right side of the table. 

You can find more information about the 'Variable Material' in this link: https://www.youtube.com/live/Xt9LHNLhqYk?feature=share 

If you want to keep a Variable Material but change the overall thickness you can use Environment for Revit - Topography tools to work around this issue. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators