Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topography - tag the elevation value of Boundary points

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
HVAC-Novice
2857 Views, 28 Replies

Topography - tag the elevation value of Boundary points

is there a way to tag or show the value of all boundary points? 

I'm not using actually measured data and I'm just eyeballing to get a somewhat decent elevation that shows the grade in an elevation (I'm an MEP engineer, this is just for zoning permit to show how new louvers look like - so I don't do topography for a living and I'm just hacking it for now)

I can see the elevation of each point in "properties". But it would be nice if I could see them so I can start the next point at an OK elevation. i don't want to touch every point to see the elevation. 

There don't seem to be tags for those points and they only show up when I edit the the topo surface, which is fine. 

enkus_0-1642901393394.png

Revit version: R2024.2.1
28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29

Yes, RDAOU is right ...

It could be to much calculation to be done, and you'll need to simplify the process...it happens to me in some tests I've made to block the software.

When I receive the surveyor plan in .dwg , it has often to many points (especially points placed on Isocurves due, probably of conversion from a Vertical Application), so I have to use Simplify Surface function from Toposurface.

Many Dynamo Nodes have a Boolean option connect to input , which acts as a trigger , that's why I switched  from true to false and vice versa.

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 22 of 29
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: RDAOU

Thanks!

I'm convinced I'm doing something wrong. I changed the code to mirror what you show and it runs and gives me the points. But no numbers. Do I need to do something in Revit to make that work? I tried it in a floor plan and in 3D. i tried selecting the topo surface, tried all kind of things and I'm sure I'm missing some mundane action. 

Looks like I have 31 points, so that shouldn't take too many resources and it doesn't take too long.

Message 23 of 29
RDAOU
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

Can u post the topo?

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 24 of 29
HVAC-Novice

That's how my topo looks like. There is a "building pad" under the building. 

It is only 10'aroudn the building since for this project I really only need the elevation to show grade (and not an actual topo function).

I basically just adjusted the point values to match the doors and the pictures. Not from an actual survey. 

The zoomed picture shows the "Point GM" family from the script. 

enkus_0-1643386884453.png

enkus_1-1643387047775.png

Message 25 of 29
RDAOU

@HVAC-Novice 

No I meant can you share the file itself with the Topo only...Copy to Clipboard the Topo and the building pad and paste in a blank file if you do not want to share the building

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 26 of 29
HVAC-Novice

Attached the topo and the pad in the oob template project.

From what I understand, the only function of the pad is to remove soil from the building since the topo doesn't automatically recognize the building (like a space or room works). 

enkus_0-1643388400663.png

Message 27 of 29
RDAOU

@HVAC-Novice 

Seems to work at my end...I would suggest that you check any Notification for any conflicts in the packages you have loaded making Dynamo unstable.

Graph also attached here if you feel like using it (copy and paste into the Dynamo Player default folder)

Dynamo_TopoSpotElevations 2.gif

Message 28 of 29
HVAC-Novice

Thanks for all your effort, all. I'm pretty sure the codes you shared work and I'm doing something wrong. I'll have to figure that out some time later as i play with some more dynamo. If nothing else, I think I learned some more about Dynamo. 

Message 29 of 29
Adrian_2D

This was a great thread, is there a way to schedule the values or export it to excel to calculate average height?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report