Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Titleblock Text

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
PhilvK
1295 Views, 5 Replies

Titleblock Text

I have created various sizes of fonts for text and labels for a titleblock family. Is there a way to copy these to another titleblock family, or do I have go in a re-create them all by scratch?

Thanks,

Phil

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
davidtetro
in reply to: PhilvK

Have you tried to copy / paste from one family to another? being that they are both title-block families, it may work. Or, you can copy and rename the original titleblock family and adjust the linework as necessary - that way, all the families are the same in both titleblock families.

Message 3 of 6
scott.a.green

Hello Phil, 

I would personally create a template or family for the titleblock then you can use the same properties in another titleblock and just change the text:

http://wiki.bk.tudelft.nl/toi-pedia/Create_Your_Own_Sheet_Title_Block_Family_%28Revit_Architecture%2...

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 4 of 6
BIMologist_

I was looking at it as well. First I thought, why not just use Transfer Project Standards, Well guess what, you cannot Transfer the Labels and Text , other settings yes.

As Reply two suggested

Copy paste the Label and Text items from one to the other.  but this requires ALL the entries used and copy pasted.

As Scott Suggested

Creating your own TB.

Well the issue is YOU HAVE 2 title blocks I take

so why not open up TB1 (with all styles) and open up TB2.

Instead of copying the Label and Text Styles, Why not Delete the linework from TB1 and just copy Linework from TB2 to TB1, adjust as needed. Save TB1 as TB2 and off you go.

In future you CAN create a TitleBlock RFT family Template.

Save TB1 as MyCompany TB Template.RFA

close the file

In windows explorer rename the .RFA extension to .RFT

Now in future you can use that as your TB template.

hope this helps

BIMologist / Dr. Revit
Approved Autodesk Services Marketplace provider - BIM Consulting

EESignature

If you find this reply helpful, please use the Accept Solution or Like button below
Message 5 of 6
scott.a.green
in reply to: BIMologist_

Phil, Nauman nailed it. Creating a new template I think would be the best long term solution so you could have a standard titleblock template for your projects. Opening the two as Nauman suggested would be a great short term solution but you would end up repeating that process for other projects so why not save time and make a standard titleblock family. I would mark Nauman's reply as a solution. Please let me know if you have any further questions and happy Reviting!

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 6 of 6
PhilvK
in reply to: scott.a.green

Thank you all for your replies. They are all very helpful!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report