Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title on sheet in multiple languages

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1181 Views, 11 Replies

Title on sheet in multiple languages

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find a way to display multiple titles for the same view on a sheet : I need the title to show in two different languages. Is there a way to create something like "Title on sheet #1" and "Title on sheet #2"?

I cannot use the simple solution of naming my views "name in 1st language / name in 2nd language" because I need to be able to get the two different parameters in my schedules.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

I have already looked on all forums I know but I might have missed the solution : apologies if this has already been answered.

Thank you very much in advance,

Tags (3)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Ilic.Andrej
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I cannot use the simple solution of naming my views "name in 1st language / name in 2nd language" because I need to be able to get the two different parameters in my schedules.

Can you please explain this? I'm not sure what you want to do.

Andrej Ilić

phonetical: ændreɪ ilich
MSc Arch

Autodesk Expert Elite Alumni

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Ilic.Andrej

@Ilic.Andrej wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you please explain this? I'm not sure what you want to do.

I thought about naming my views someting like "Title in 1st language / Title in 2nd language", but I want to be able to schedule separately :

- Title in 1st language and Scale of view

- Title in 2nd language and Scale of view

Therefore I believe I need two title "parameters", but I don't understand how to create them. Is it even possible?

Message 4 of 12
ennujozlagam

i don't think it's possible because Revit will only read only one type of language you installed. unless Autodesk provide 2 languages (combined) in one program and it will not happen in the future (maybe.) thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

@ennujozlagam wrote:

i don't think it's possible because Revit will only read only one type of language you installed. unless Autodesk provide 2 languages (combined) in one program and it will not happen in the future (maybe.) thanks

I am not looking for a bilingual software.

I use Revit in English, and where necessary I create parameters similar to this :

- ProjectNameFR (ex: "Maison")

- ProjectNameNL (ex: "Huis")

This way, I can create my titleblocks, get roomtags, etc. in both languages. I can also create schedules in FR with the fields being ProjectNameFR, ProjectLocationFr, etc. and schedules in NL with the fields being ProjectNameNL, ProjectLocationNL, etc.

What I cannot do, is find a way to have the titles of my views on a sheet (not in the project browser) to show in this way :

"Title on sheet FR"

"Title on sheet NL"

"Scale"

Thank you in advance for your help !

Message 6 of 12
ennujozlagam

what is FR and what is NL. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

@ennujozlagam wrote:

what is FR and what is NL. thanks

The languages I need : FR for French and NL for Dutch (Nederlands)

Message 8 of 12
joe_keogh

Hi @Anonymous 

This is fairly easy to achieve using Shared Parameters, in the Title Block create a new Parameter (Shared Parameter by default), named SheetNameFR, save it and load the shared parameter into your project and or Template, selecting Sheets as the parameter.

Multilingual Titleblock.JPG

For info on Shared Parameters check Here.

Joe Keogh
Director | Design Technology + Innovation
www.viewlistic.com.au

Message 9 of 12
ennujozlagam

that's what i'm trying to explain to you, how can Revit read two different languages (text) if you have only one language installed. thanks

Message 10 of 12
joe_keogh

I'm not sure Revit needs to read the language.  It may view it as incorrect spelling, but it still displays the text you type.  It does not add to Warnings or cause it to slow down.  If Revit slowed down due to spelling errors we'd all be stuffed... 😉

Joe Keogh
Director | Design Technology + Innovation
www.viewlistic.com.au

Message 11 of 12
ennujozlagam
in reply to: joe_keogh

If it is the case, my bad, my apology, it's new to me. thanks

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: joe_keogh

@joe_keogh 

I was able to apply your solution to the view title (with shared parameter under the "Views" category), which solved my problem. Thank you very much  !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report