Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title block off center

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
21818 Views, 8 Replies

Title block off center

I have searched the title block over and over again and cannot find the reason behind the title block printing off center. I've searched all of the settings and nothing is working. Thanks for the help!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Did you check the Paper Placement & the Zoom options in the Pront Setup?

center.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

I did. If you look at just the sheet family, it will center when you "zoom extents" but once in the project, zoom extents places it off center. If you drag the cursor to select right above the template it seems to select something but I cannot figure out what it is.

Maybe my only option is to start over Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 9
RDAOU

@Anonymous

You don't really have to start over...In the Title block family you have added reference lines...

Go to Visibility Graphics and enable their visibility...If those lines are not intentional ... delete them or make them shorter. Then it will zoom to extents when you re-load into the project

Title Block2.png

Title Block.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 9
msimsST5HE
in reply to: RDAOU

I'm still having issues with just one Title Block in my sheet set. There are no Reference lines associated with the TB, but no matter where I move it in the Family Editor nothing changes. Please Advise!!!

Message 6 of 9
mhiserZFHXS
in reply to: msimsST5HE

At minimum you need to show a screenshot of the results...

Something is either wrong with your print settings or there is an item that is beyond the extents of the title block.

Message 7 of 9
kchristol

Workaround:

We had this same issue with three sheets in a set. After a couple hours of research and tests, we finally did a crossing window and found that there were two titleblocks present in the filter. We deleted the visible titleblock to which there was no other one overlapping (empty). After canceling the delete command, we selected the visible title block and moved it 5' to the right. After that we did another crossing window, and filtered with only the invisible titleblock selected and deleted it. Move the correct titleblock back to it's proper location and test print. That fixed it for us. Some kind of bug I assume. Good luck!

Message 8 of 9
travis29G7Y
in reply to: msimsST5HE

I found that the problem was with the printing setup rather than the title block itself. When printing, try going into the setup menu (under settings section in the print screen). From there, make sure paper placement is set to "center" and zoom is at 100%. This fixed my problem. 

travis29G7Y_0-1689265283050.png

Message 9 of 9
RobDraw
in reply to: kchristol

@kchristol wrote:

Workaround:

Some kind of bug I assume.

Yup, that pesky PEBCAK bug!

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report