Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The annotation family nested in the parent family is not visible on the facade

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
oooooleg
462 Views, 5 Replies

The annotation family nested in the parent family is not visible on the facade

Hello, friends.
I design ventilated facades. To create wiring diagrams, I need to set the symbol on the low detail of the bracket. I am creating a family in the "Metric system, standard annotation" template. This family is displayed both on the plan and on the facade. But by embedding it in the parent family of the bracket, it stops being displayed on the facade.
At the same time, I need the symbol to be nested in the bracket family and annotated so that it is always the same size on the sheet, regardless of the scale.
In a Russian-language forum, I raised this issue and it was found out that this is a limitation of the program. What can I do to solve this problem?
I attach the project file with the attached bracket. Revit 2019.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Secttor
in reply to: oooooleg

hi @oooooleg 

-you must use a detail item template for the symbol in order to have it nested & placed in the correct view & visible on facade.

-detail item does not scale.

-if you want to scale and place it on facade.. you must place each symbol instance manually in the project in desired location.

Secttor_0-1598785428695.png

- as below the annotation symbol can't be placed in the view that will be visible on facade.

Secttor_1-1598785514654.png

Revit MEP - Electrical Certified Professional
Revit MEP - Mechanical Certified Professional

Draftworks.wordpress.com
Message 3 of 6
oooooleg
in reply to: Secttor

Not exactly. The annotation symbol cannot be placed on the 3D view. And being in the form of a facade or plan, it is placed without problems. But no one will place tens of thousands of characters on top of the brackets. They need to be implemented in the low-detail bracket family. But in this case, they are still visible on the plan, but not on the facade.

Message 4 of 6
barthbradley

What limitation are you referring to? Can you post a picture showing want you want? 

Message 5 of 6
oooooleg
in reply to: barthbradley

Well

Image 1.png

Image 2.png

Image 3.png

Image 4.png

Image 5.png

Message 6 of 6
ToanDN

Create it as a tag family and tag the model family on the elevation view.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report