Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text on a sheet that can't be selected

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2888 Views, 8 Replies

Text on a sheet that can't be selected

I am working on editing a sheet for a project I am working on.

There is text present in the title block (not included in the title block family) which seems impossible to select. 

This text needs to be deleted due to the nature of the edits I am making to the sheet. 

I have tinkered with all the usual issues I have seen for this kind of problem, underlay elements, select pinned elements etc. I have also tried VG and hiding it that way by unselecting text boxes and detail items. I have tried even to cover it up with a white box but to no avail! 

This has become a very annoying problem for me and would appreciate any help someone here can give me. 

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

Post a file that exhibits this behavior. I've got a feeling it is in the title block family.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

I'm fairly sure it isn't in the titleblock family.

I can select and hide the title block no problem and the text still remains. When I have went into the title block family it is not present there. This is a title block that gets used for a lot of drawings too so this would have been a problem spotted before.

I appreciate the response, although I don't think I can upload the title block without revealing details of my company.

Message 4 of 9
RobDraw

I agree with your assessment that it's probably not in the title block. Have you tried deleting it just to verify? I have seen stuff still be visible even when the element is hidden.

Have you tried recreating the sheet from scratch?

How about a screen shot of the offending element in the context of the sheet?

Rob

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

I was just in the middle of creating a new sheet from scratch as you suggested and found the issue.

The text box wasn't a text box at all but was instead saved as a legend on the sheet which I found as I was getting ready to duplicate the views over on to the new sheet. I can now remove this from the project browser and continue on with my work 🙂 

I've attached a small screenshot to show what I'm talking about and how it was missed. 

Maybe someone will be able to explain why this was inserted in this way as it may have been a way around a problem I wasn't aware of?

Thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 9
RobDraw

It's impossible to deduce anything from your screenshot other than that legend is on the sheet. I can't tell you how it got there but someone had to place it on the sheet. My best guess is it was OIE.

Rob

Message 7 of 9
ToanDN

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just in the middle of creating a new sheet from scratch as you suggested and found the issue.

The text box wasn't a text box at all but was instead saved as a legend on the sheet which I found as I was getting ready to duplicate the views over on to the new sheet. I can now remove this from the project browser and continue on with my work 🙂 

I've attached a small screenshot to show what I'm talking about and how it was missed. 

Maybe someone will be able to explain why this was inserted in this way as it may have been a way around a problem I wasn't aware of?

Thanks for the help.

Legend views are placed on sheet the same way other types of views are.  And what do you mean by "why this was inserted in this way"?  What is "this way"?

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

What I mean is that the notes for the drawing were inserted to the sheet using the legend rather than simply inserting a text box.

I assume this was done for a reason, possibly for ease of duplication for many sheets.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I had the same problem with a different solution. Mine was caused by a smart revision block and that needing to be edited. How it fix it is by going to the "View" tab and then the "Revisions" button-- by deleting one of the sequence' in there my text was then deleted from the sheet. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators