Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text in 2011

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Barryfisher
521 Views, 3 Replies

Text in 2011

When using the text numbering in Revit 2011 is there any way of leaving a few lines blank before going to the next number. I need to show a small detail between text number 5 and 6.

Also can you change the distance between the lines? I have 2.5mm text but would like to increase the vertical distance say between line 1 and line 2.

It's far better than 2010 but still seems a bit restricted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Barry

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ryan.duell
in reply to: Barryfisher

I’ve included a few responses to your questions below:
1.  There is no great way to leave blank spaces; the typical SHIFT + ENTER works until you complete the text box.  Then it assigns numbers to the blank lines [this is a known issue the development team is working on currently].
While not ideal you would need to stop the automatic numbers at the space, and then pick up after the detail with manual numbers and periods after.
Or create a second text box and mask the numbers before the number you stopped on below, using an approach similar to the post below:
2.  Regarding the distance between the lines unfortunately there is no current control with this.  It adjusts around the text size, but you cannot override it further to specify the spacing of the rows vertically.
I would suggest forwarding this as a feature request below:
Thank you,

I’ve included a few responses to your questions below:

1.  There is no great way to leave blank spaces; the typical SHIFT + ENTER works until you complete the text box.  Then it assigns numbers to the blank lines [this is a known issue the development team is working on currently].

While not ideal you would need to stop the automatic numbers at the space, and then pick up after the detail with manual numbers and periods after.

Or create a second text box and mask the numbers before the number you stopped on below, using an approach similar to the post below:

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/12/3-levels-of-masking.html

2.  Regarding the distance between the lines unfortunately there is no current control with this.  It adjusts around the text size, but you cannot override it further to specify the spacing of the rows vertically.I would suggest forwarding this as a feature request below:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 4
Barryfisher
in reply to: ryan.duell

thanx for your responce Ryan, maybe in 2012...

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Barryfisher

Any good news about the distance between the lines?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators