Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Computer for Stand-Alone License

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sbrusco
425 Views, 3 Replies

New Computer for Stand-Alone License

Hi All,

We installed one stand-alone license on a computer that then had problems so we bought that user a new computer. The old computer will be wiped clean and all the software will be installed on the new computer but i guess Autodesk doesn't know about the wipe and will not allow the authorization of the same software on another computer. So until this can be straightened out, the user is running in 'trial' mode.

How can i tell Autodesk that the original intall is no longer valid and that we're really only using one license?

TIA,

Sal

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
camilo.lemos
in reply to: sbrusco

Hi Sal, 

According to the End User License Agreement, all standalone Autodesk licenses can be installed an activated on a second computer provided that both installations are not used simultaneoulsy. This means that you can go ahead and activate your licenses on the new computer without any problems. 

Should you run into any issues, please send me a Private Message here on the forums with the serial number in question and the request code for that program obtained from the new computer.

I hope this helps!

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 4
sbrusco
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Please don't take offense, but you're asking for some very private information; product serial numbers and such. Do you work for Autodesk?

Message 4 of 4
camilo.lemos
in reply to: sbrusco

Hi Sal, 

No offense taken, I understand your concern:)

Yes, I work as a community manager here at Autodesk. If you would like further confirmation, feel free to e-mail me at camilo.lemos@autodesk.com and I'll reply to your e-mail. 

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report