Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag a wall above cut plane

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Marcus.Isacsson
1632 Views, 9 Replies

Tag a wall above cut plane

Hi fellas!

How would you tag a wall above the cut plane? (a wall above door openings and such).
When I try tagging using underlay the tag dissappears when the underlay is turned off.

Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Message 3 of 10

@martijn_pater wrote:

You could use plan region, see link.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/EN...

Thanks for your answer. I'll try plan region, but I guess it well be quite a struggle(..?).
There's alot of walls above cut plane and we only want to show some of them (as dash-dotted) with tags.

Here's a part showing what we're aiming for, with the underlay still being turned on. 

tag wall.png

Message 4 of 10

It's pretty much what plan regions are for I guess. But another thought could be to just use text annotations on your underlay instead of tags, you'd have to watch out more/check for changes etc. though... but then you could manually annotate it and hide the underlay...

Message 5 of 10

@martijn_pater wrote:

It's pretty much what plan regions are for I guess. But another thought could be to just use text annotations on your underlay instead of tags, you'd have to watch out more/check for changes etc. though... but then you could manually annotate it and hide the underlay...

I'm pretty sure that we somehow got this to work in another project, but I really can't remember how we managed to tag the walls above cut plane...

Yeah, text could be one way. Tricky having tags and text in the same project though, I really would prefer tags as far as possible. 

I thought this would be an easy fix 😄

Message 6 of 10

I just found the solution, if we use Linework (LW) on the walls the tag stays even when the underlay is turned off! Eureka!

Message 7 of 10

So you've adjusted the view range for the entire drawing and/or with plan region(s) but you are now tagging something you can't see in the view because you are hiding those lines using LW? Not sure how that works... Perhaps it is better to show what you are trying to show in an (interior) elevation view. And yes tagging is better then text obviously.

Message 8 of 10

@martijn_pater wrote:

So you've adjusted the view range for the entire drawing and/or with plan region(s) but you are now tagging something you can't see in the view because you are hiding those lines using LW? Not sure how that works... Perhaps it is better to show what you are trying to show in an (interior) elevation view. And yes tagging is better then text obviously.

Not hiding, we're seeing the walls using underlay then we're using Linework -> Dash-dot.
Afterwards the walls still show on our plan (with the intended dash dot above cut plane), now we're able to tag them and the tag stays! 🙂

Message 9 of 10

Well, ok then. Then it's just unclear to me what you're doing there probably :), but as long as it works...

Message 10 of 10

Using the Linework Tool is exactly the right workflow.  You can then turn off Underlay with Wall and still Tag the Wall, even though it's turned off, by tagging the linework created with the Linework Tool.  

Workflow described here: 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/EN....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report