Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweep Insideout

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Irreb
596 Views, 10 Replies

Sweep Insideout

Hi all,

does anyone know why in this adaptive family (see picture) the sweep that i made turns inside-out when i insert the family in the model (on a surface with no volume divided by planes)?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
RDAOU
in reply to: Irreb

Hello @Irreb

1. Are you using the the generic pattern based template of the generic adaptive template to model the panel?
  2. can you share the family to have a look what might be wrong?

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 11
FGPerraudin

Hi Franceso,

What might be happening is that the numbering of the points changes clockwise for whatever reason.

Have you tried placing it by hand? (deleting the specific component, and then place it point by pont)

clockwise, and reverse?

As sweeps are base on a line with a direction, it MIGHT be of help.

Or as  @RDAOU says, share your family so that we can have a look!

François

Francois-Gabriel Perraudin
BIM management and coaching

Message 4 of 11
Irreb
in reply to: FGPerraudin

i put it in point by point, i'll share a simple project with the surface and the family so both of you can try.

@RDAOU see also the mass surface, is the same as you read and replied on the other topic.

Message 5 of 11
RDAOU

@Irreb

Just to understand better what you are doing...

1. Why are you using all those model lines and reference points on the Divided surface?
  2. Is that intended to be the pattern for your curtain system?

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 6 of 11
Irreb
in reply to: RDAOU

yes there you are, i divided the surface using reference planes first, as you can see, in order to use their intersections to put in every cell (adaptive family) we need for the curtain.

That's the only way we found to do this.

the cell you have now is the simplest one we have.

Message 7 of 11
RDAOU

@Irreb

Ok nevermind the Divided mass I will post reply to this on your other post...let me look into ur adaptive panel ... you have made it quite complicated

Message 8 of 11
Irreb

there is a better way? all the other we have are made in the same way 'couse (i forgot in this one) we use the dimension lines with the parameter to see measures on an abacus...the same for the angles (and for them i need to use lìthe reference lines as you see).

Tell me if there are ways better for the next time..

now i need to solve this problem using that family made in that way (i'm sorry, i have thousands of them and i can't replace all of theme)

Message 9 of 11
RDAOU

@Irreb

Well you have to fix something!!! Starting with the divided surface which you modeled in place.

1. You need to Host the profile on a plane
  2. You need to use divide surface, enable U & V grids, rotate grid to suit the pattern you need
  3. You need to adjust the U & V grid on the Properties palette

You cannot use model lines and points on the surface in order to place adaptive components

Message 10 of 11
ToanDN

In addition to what have been said, you need to turn on Node of the surface in order to snap the adaptive points to.

Capture.PNG

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
Irreb

i tried and everything is okay except a revit limin witch is that less than 40 units is totally impossible for it to manage the sweep. I think is a revit limit couse i tried everything (also modifying the sweep form in the family to suit the reversing)

I tried and everything is fine, except for a Revit limit, which is that less than 40 units is quite impossible to manage the sweep. I think it's a Revit limit 'couse I tried to do a lot of things (even changing the sweep's form in the family to meet the reverse insertion)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report