Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey and Project Base Point Arrows

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3271 Views, 5 Replies

Survey and Project Base Point Arrows

After updating Revit to 2020.2 (update from 3 days ago today), I opened a project I've been working on to find the arrows from the Project Base Point and Survey Point to be appearing in all views of the model. Their location is way off the sheet which makes it fine for printing sets right now, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. And if you've found a way to turn them off or hide them.

I have two showing up. One from the main project and another from a project linked into the main one. When I hide/delete the link, that one disappears, as it should.

As you can see there are additonal arrows that appear when one of the points is selected (as seen in the image with the linked model selected), but the problem is another set of arrows which I can not select in any way.

These arrows are appearing in all views, floor plans, 3D, sections, on and off sheets, with and without templates. You name it. Seems like a visual bug.

One from a link, one in main modelOne from a link, one in main modelPoints DisabledPoints DisabledPoints EnabledPoints Enabled

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
aRcHiTeCt.JM
in reply to: Anonymous

... hi @Anonymous 

... yes , it is a well known issue with the 2020.2 update

... goto VG

... site

... and un-check the internal origin

... this is happening specially with old projects

... it is not happening with the new ones

p.jpg

aRcHiTeCt.JM

REVIT EXPERT ELITE
➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ is it working for you ? ➪ ⇩ 'Accept as solution' ⇩ ⇦

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: aRcHiTeCt.JM

@aRcHiTeCt.JM 

Unfortunate to have to turn that option off for every view-type/template, but it will suffice until fixed on Autodesk's end.

Thank you for your reply.

Message 4 of 6

... this is happening specially with old projects

... it is not happening with the new ones

It's the reverse. Upgraded projects from prior to 2020 versions are not affected. Existing v2020 files are seeing the internal origin category being turned on in 2020.2.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 5 of 6

Glad you are still at it with regards your Revit OpEd, @SteveKStafford .  This new feature caused a tizzy here on this forum a couple of days ago.  Your OpEd piece was extremely helpful.  Thanks.  Keep authoring.   

https://revitoped.blogspot.com/2019/11/revit-20202-internal-origin.html

Message 6 of 6
mmartag
in reply to: aRcHiTeCt.JM

Thank you so much!!

I had the same issue once upgraded.

cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators