Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove the bottom pane in this window family

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
gnarkill283
340 Views, 3 Replies

How can I remove the bottom pane in this window family

I would like to remove the bottom pane from this window family. How would I do this? I appreciate the help - family is attachedwindow.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Please check below video.

You can always edit then flex till you are sure that every thing is working well.

I also deleted some unnecessary parameters that will have no meaning after the edit.

Attached the file.

Mostafa Elashmawy
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: gnarkill283

There is other issues that need be resolved in this family.  A lot of geometry is unconstrained, so it does flex properly.  Some suggestions:

1. Align and Lock all geometry sketch line work to Reference Planes -- not other Geometry.

2. Drive the Reference Planes with Labeled Dimensions. Don't pull Labeled Dimensions to/from Geometry or to/from Geometry sketch line work.  

3. Don't put Reference Planes or Labeled Dimensions inside geometry sketch mode. 

4. Use the in-built "Sill" Reference Plane. It has special intelligence.  

5. Assign all Geometry into Subcategories -- especially the Glass.  You'll thank me later.  

Attached is a quickie rebuild.  YOU may be able to improve upon it.  Also, check out the Revit OOTB Slider and see how it is constructed.  There is also Manufacturer Revit content you can download for free. Marvin, Pella, Jen Weld, etc. all offer Revit content. Reverse-engineer their families to see how they do 'em. 

Message 4 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: gnarkill283

Just in case it matters to you:

WdwIssue4.pngWdwIssue3.png

...it would to me.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report