Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STAIRCASE DETAIL ISSUE

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
755 Views, 9 Replies

STAIRCASE DETAIL ISSUE

• i have createtd a two separate staircases for each floor like in image 01 and i got a construction detail error as image 02.
  • then i have create a single staircase for the all the floors, the landing of the first floor not allign with the FINISH FLOOR LEVEL.refer image 3 

how do i overcome this issue.? please help

Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
_Vijay
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you share the sample file

Message 3 of 10
barthbradley

Look to me like you have hardwood flooring atop the slab.  If so, the stairs are correct. No? Stairs are built on top of the slab - not the hardwood finish layer.  Right?  

Message 4 of 10
mcobb

It is tempting to expect the automated stair-building process that is codified in Revit, to produce something a contractor would agree with. You might want to resign yourself to a more involved process. If I want the stairs to look close to something I would like to see built, I have had the best luck parsing the stairs into smaller individual entities. It has been a long time since I used one of the automated stair building processes and prefer, instead to use the sketched base functionality associated with the stair tool. This will generate my intermediate stair landings as part of that process. I'm not sure if the landings in your image were generated this way but I have often been satisfied with these results for the purpose of less detailed drawings.  I usually produce the landings at the floor levels as a simple extension of the floor slab itself and don't involve the stair tool in this entity (if you even can).  This also has the virtue of being a likely mode of construction and certainly allows you to have the floor appear to support the stair (unlike what is portrayed in your images).  I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

yeah ihave added the wood finish floor. my levels are refered to the finish level. if i create two stairs separately stair finish and the floor finish align perfectly.

but when i create one stair for the every level the its gets align with the second floor level. but not align with the first floor finish level.
  i can upload the sample file also if you didn'tunderstand.

Message 6 of 10
mcobb

If I understand you correctly, I think we are agreeing that breaking up the stair into smaller elements usually works better for a more realistic depictions.  There are also settings in the stair family that will extend the stringer below the bottom riser if you want to produce that look.  Mounting a stair stringer to the edge of a slab (as opposed to the stair bearing on top) is certainly a viable approach, if the landing slab and the stairs are built precisely built (which they should be). I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike
Message 7 of 10
mcobb

This may or may be of use to your situation but it is worth a shot: If you "tab down" into a stair selection, you should be able to select the "Runs" portion of the stair and modify the "Extend Below Riser Base" value which by default should be 0. Anything beyond the actual height of the stringer (when cut vertically) should not produce much effect beyond simply showing the full height of the stringer.  This will allow you to attach to plausibly represent the stair attaching to whatever structure might be available for attachment at the face of the lowest riser. I hope this helps. 

Stair Issue.jpg

Regards,

Mike
Message 8 of 10
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

i can upload the sample file also if you didn'tunderstand.

Yes, it would help.  

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

I HAVE UPLOADED THE SAMPLE FILE. IT FROM 2019 VERSION.

@mcobb yeah your idea is perfect. i have tried and it worked. But in the construction details riser should be same for every levels. if you create two separate stairs for different levels my riser gets different sizes.(ground first and first to second FFL is different). how do you over come this issue?

Message 10 of 10
mcobb

Glad that helped.

With respect to your levels question: When you first sketch your stair, there should be a place to select the levels along with the appropriate offset in the properties palette. It might seem a little rigid, but it is important these are established accurately in the beginning, before you even start sketching the stair risers and the stair boundary.

While there may be a way to do it that I am unaware of, I’ve never personally had great luck adjusting floor levels after making the stair. I think you have to have that business dialed in right away in my experience.

Feel free to mark this as a solution if it helped, otherwise let me know what I, or someone else, can do to help further.

Regards,

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators