Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Square floor tiles do not show square on the 3D (Rendering question)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
octavio2
546 Views, 5 Replies

Square floor tiles do not show square on the 3D (Rendering question)

The following question might be directed to a renderer who might have good experience with these matters:  The attached 3D of a Kitchen shows the floor tiles like they are rectangular in shape with one side longer than the other.  But the tiles are supposed to show square with each side of the same length.  The tiles are shown in the rendering about the correct size, so the issue is of how to make an adjustment somewhere so that the 45 degree tiles show to have equal sides, with both sides on each of the directions matching the shorter side seen in the rendering.

I suspect the issue might have to do with some of the setting(s) on the "Texture Editor" (I haven't figured it out yet), or it might be corrected with another setting somewhere else?.

Any ideas on how to have the tiles shown square on the 3D?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
barthbradley
in reply to: octavio2

Is this a Perspective Rendering?  

Message 3 of 6
octavio2
in reply to: barthbradley

It was made using the "Camera" of 3D View, and it is on the 3D Views of the Project Browser.  The Projection Mode under the Properties dialog  says "Perspective".  

If it is a Perspective, is there a way somehow to make these tiles shown "square" even if it require some twisting  somewhere?

Message 4 of 6
barthbradley

Post the file. 

Message 5 of 6
barthbradley

Check your Appearence Images Scale. Is Width and Height the same? 

Scale1025.jpg

Message 6 of 6
octavio2
in reply to: barthbradley

In Sample size, I changed the width to 10" and the height to 1'-3" and it worked.  See attached updated attachment.  

Thanks in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators