Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprinkler symbolic line range trimming at walls

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
es-Mostafa.Taher2023
235 Views, 6 Replies

Sprinkler symbolic line range trimming at walls

I have created a symbolic circle illustrating the 3.5m range for a sprinkler which is recessed into the false ceiling. Is there a way to make this symbolic line automatically cut/trim with the walls surrounding it or at the room boundaries?Screenshot (338).pngScreenshot (339).png)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

How are you going to show it?  If that linework is bounded by the wall, it wouldn't be distinguishable in the View -- unless you colored it in.  Maybe using Spaces and Zones and Color Schemes would be the way to go here?  Think?  

Message 3 of 7

Yeah it'll be of a different color and linestyle.

Message 4 of 7

@es-Mostafa.Taher2023 wrote:

Yeah it'll be of a different color and linestyle.

The linework itself???  I don't think that will matter.  Unless you mean the linework is the perimeter linework of a colored filled region, I don't see how a different colored/patterned linestyle will be detectible in the View if it is touching the Wall linework.  Know what I mean? 

Message 5 of 7

No it's not a colored filled region, it's just a circle as an indication for the circumference range of the sprinkler. I think it'll be visible if it's colored and the rest of the elements are in black lines tho.

Message 6 of 7

@es-Mostafa.Taher2023 wrote:

No it's not a colored filled region, it's just a circle as an indication for the circumference range of the sprinkler. I think it'll be visible if it's colored and the rest of the elements are in black lines tho.

Okay, I think I misunderstood you initially. You want a circle. You just want to know if the circle can "detect" bounding elements (i.e. Walls) and size automatically to fit the space.  Sounds like an odd way to plan placement to me.  But whatever, you can't do what you are asking.  

Sprinkers2.png

Message 7 of 7

No problem. Thank you tho.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators