Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spot Slope for Ramp

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
charn.ch
1423 Views, 3 Replies

Spot Slope for Ramp

I started using Revit since 2014 version.

There were the problem about the spot slope annotation for ramp since and still not fixed through 2016.

And now here is the version 2018, this problem still on the way.

Since then I had to place the spot slope on the flat area then copy it over the ramp area. And that method did not work in section view.

If there are anyone who know how to make it works properly in plan view and section view please let me know.(if the problem was fixed)

And to Autodesk...

Please fix this issue.

Because of the ramp are always have slope.....

Best Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: charn.ch

Yes ramp tool is pretty bad.  No spot slope, incorrect shadow on plan, can't join with floors.

I have to resort to using sloped floors for or sweep blends more often than not.

Message 3 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: charn.ch

By the way, if you need a dirty fix to place spot elevations on a ramp, use Pick lines tool to place and constrain a few detail lines or ref planes on the ramp to host the spot elevations.

Capture.PNG

Message 4 of 4
charn.ch
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you ToanDN

Now I considered to use Floor instead ramp.(Calculation and Math come in between the process)

But sometime(espeacially during the design period) I still use ramp for study. And I use detail line for making the spot slope annotation.

Happy to heard that I am not the only one who doing this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report