Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spot Elevation/Coordinate Leader Line Default Visibility

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
anthony.grieveson
1010 Views, 14 Replies

Spot Elevation/Coordinate Leader Line Default Visibility

Is it possible to set the default visibility state for Spot Elevation/Coordinate leader lines to off when inserting?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Yes. Untick Leader on the Options Bar.   

Untick Leader.png

This is how you set the default for many tools in Revit. 

Message 3 of 15

Best you can do i think is to turn it off when you first pick the Spot Elevation/Coordinate tool. Then it should stay Off as long as your in the file. Once you close the file and reopen it, the leader will be rechecked.

another option is to  edit the Spot type and set the leader color to White.... you'll still have to go thru the motions to place it, but it wont display or print.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 15

Thanks for the answers. Looks like there is no other option other than to turn leaders off in the option bad every time you use the tool. Was hoping there might be a more clever way of controlling the default state of that option...

Message 5 of 15

@anthony.grieveson wrote:

Looks like there is no other option other than to turn leaders off in the option bad every time you use the tool. 

You may have a genuine issue here, @anthony.grieveson!  Let's confirm the issue...

Are you saying that when you set the default condition for the "Leader" to null (e.g. unchecked) on the Options Bar, it does NOT stay null/unchecked? That you are continually having to set the default???  If so, this is not how it is supposed to work.  It should maintain the default you choose until you manually change it again. What version of Revit are you using?  

NOTE: These Option Bar Defaults can be saved to the RTE, so if you want different defaults in your Template, save those defaults back to the RTE. 

Message 6 of 15

The issue I am having is that when you set the condition for the "Leader" to null (e.g. unchecked) on the Options Bar, it does NOT stay null/unchecked when you close Revit and then reopen it.

How do you get the option to save in a RTE file?

I have tried opening our RTE file, set the condition for the "Leader" to null (e.g. unchecked) on the Options Bar and saved/closed the RTE. On reopening the RTE the condition for the "Leader" on the Options Bar has reverted to true (e.g. checked).

I am using Revit 2019.

Message 7 of 15

Please start a New Project from the attached 2019 RTE. "Spot Elevation" Leader/Shoulder defaults should be null/unchecked on placement.

Message 8 of 15

How'd it go, @anthony.grieveson

Message 9 of 15

It exhibited the same behaviour as I was seeing previously unfortunately. I created a new project based on that template, the spot level tool defaulted to leader enabled.

Message 10 of 15

Well, I can't troubleshoot why it ain't working in that one project with out examining it.  Something's going on in that one project. Post it here and I'll take a look at it.  

But, to answer your original question : Yes, it is "possible to set the default visibility state for Spot Elevation/Coordinate leader lines to off when inserting?"  I've shown you how. 

Message 11 of 15

Thanks for continuing to look at this!

Attached is the project that I created from the template that you provided.

On creating the project from the template and selecting the spot elevation tool, the leader line option is set to true.

If I set the option to false then this is remembered as default for the remainder of the session.

The issue is that when the project (and Revit) is closed and reopened this change is forgotten and the default is reset to true.

This is contrary to the behaviour that you describe should be taking place?

Message 12 of 15

The current defaults are saved with the project. So, when you reopen the project, the Options Bar settings should be what they were when you last saved the Project.  If this is not your experience, then I don't know what to tell you. 

Message 13 of 15
ToanDN
in reply to: anthony.grieveson

If you want the Spot Elevation Leader box remain unticked then close the model but leave Revit open.
Message 14 of 15
anthony.grieveson
in reply to: ToanDN

@barthbradley It looks like you might be experiencing atypical behaviour in regards to defaults being saved with the project? @ToanDN 's experience appears to align with mine...

@ToanDN Yes I am able to replicate this behaviour, but that does not solve the issue of ensuring consistent behaviour company wide unfortunately.

Message 15 of 15

Maybe something can be written into your ini file. Maybe post on the API forum and see if those nerds (kidding!) have any suggestions for you.  Maybe a String would solve the problem.  That is, put a brightly-colored string around your index finger to remind you to check the Option Bar.  he, he. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators