Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snap to center mark of radial dimension

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jazzsharma200
336 Views, 7 Replies

Snap to center mark of radial dimension

I have attached a snapshot of the issue for reference.

I am seeking either the coordinates or the distance from the center mark to the nearest grid. When using the radial dimension, the center does not snap to anything other than walls.

Revit_NyF5Ax1ELk.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Does the element that the existing Radial Dimension is pulled from have a "Center Mark Visible" checkbox?  If so, check it.  If not, you'll need to draw x,y Ref. Planes intersecting at the center point.  

Make Center Mark Visible.png

Message 3 of 8
BDMackey
in reply to: jazzsharma200

If the curves in the image are drawn with the ellipse option you won't get the center of the individual radii. You would need to draw tangent arcs to accomplish dimensioning each radius.  If you are modeling any curve in Revit there is a checkbox for Center Mark (not needed to dimension to it just handy to see all Centers)

Message 4 of 8
bim.ho
in reply to: barthbradley

Yes, the center mark is visible, but even using the reference plane, I have to be precise in drawing the lines because nothing snaps to the center mark line.

Message 5 of 8
bim.ho
in reply to: BDMackey

but people at the site need to know the location of the center of the radial dimension either dimension or coordinates.

Message 6 of 8
barthbradley
in reply to: bim.ho

Turn on your Snaps. Manage Tab=>Snaps.

Help | Snaps Dialog | Autodesk

Message 7 of 8
barthbradley

Just to clarify if need be: When I said Center Mark above, I wasn't referring to the Radial Dimension Center Mark. I was referring to the radial element you're dimensioning to/from.  See my screenshot example above.  That's the Properties of a Line.  Specifically a circular Model Line. Center Mark Visible is an Instance Parameter of that Model Line Circle.  Turn it on and you can Snap to it.  

BTW, you don't even need the Center Mark Visible if Snaps are on. Also typing "SC" on your keyboard will activate Snap to Center. Or Right-Click, press Snap Overrides and then press Center will also activate.  

Message 8 of 8
ToanDN

Sure thing.

ToanDN_1-1704346089589.png

ToanDN_0-1704346164436.png

ToanDN_0-1704346031788.png

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators