Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sloped level floors from point cloud

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
462 Views, 4 Replies

Sloped level floors from point cloud

Hello there,

I'm working on a point-cloud model and my building (built in the '30s) has sloped floors, so I was wondering if anyone know how (and if) you can define a SLOPING Level? or if there're some workaround to do it..

I tried with reference plane but it didn't work..and I searched through this forum and couldn't find any answer..

Thanks,

Andrea

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

I doubt the floors are intentionally sloped.  The structural floor joists are probably level, albeit they -- or the finish flooring materials --  may be slightly deformed in spots after 90 years of wear and tear.   In answer to your question: no, you cannot make a Revit LEVEL not level. You can, however, model a sloped floor.  

Message 3 of 5
syman2000

I would use modify sub elements unless you have something else you want to achieve?

floor.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Thanks for the reply..actually maybe I misspelled my problem..from the point cloud it seems that the whole structure is constantly rotated due to a subsidence of the ground..my initial idea was to model the building exactly as represented by the point cloud. .therefore with sloping floors, sloping walls, sloping windows etc. etc.

At that point the problem of inclined levels arose .. but actually perhaps the best way is to rotate the point cloud so that it is "straight" and model it "straight" .. do you think it could be a good way to solve the modeling "problem"?

Message 5 of 5
barthbradley

I'm not sure what your question is, but you need to make some assumptions up front when working with a scan of an as-built -- starting with the assumption that the building was originally constructed level and plumb.  Any deviation from level and plumb is simply wrong.    

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators