Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room Style Tagging

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
eyalbRAPVR
1996 Views, 8 Replies

Room Style Tagging

Does anybody know how to show room style key name in a room Tag or any Tag for that matter?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
alan_eu
in reply to: eyalbRAPVR

Hi @@eyalbRAPVR

What that you mean to Rooom Style? 🙂

Menawhile... Click on The room tag name and edit family. So, Click on room label and edit.

At this point you should see The parameters you can use for the room category. 

In case you couldn't find What you want, you could click on new parameter and create a new one as you wish. Load into your Project and fill that parameter with the information you need. 🙂 

Alan Araújo EESignature
Bee1ColabInstagram Alan Araújo RevitBee1ColabGrupo Whatsapp

Usuários do Autodesk Community:
  • Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução! isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou 🙂
  • Manda um alô nas minhas redes sociais com +600 vídeos de de Revit/BIM, Templates e conteúdos semanais! Gratuitos! 🙂
Message 3 of 9
eyalbRAPVR
in reply to: alan_eu

Room style is a Key Schedule.  In current versions it is only created with inside a project and it"s key name cannot be connected to a Tag outside the project. I am looking for a way to make this connection so that when I chose a room style for a room it will show in the room tag. It is very usefull for finish specifications plans.

Message 4 of 9
RobDraw

What? I still don't understand but I'm pretty sure the solution has been given by @alan_eu.

Did you have a look at it and try to do it?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 9
alan_eu

I found what you are saying. I never tried these options before 🙂

And also, I found this youtube video that should help you out... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FiHaO8lw-4&ab_channel=ProkonBuild

Anyway, what he does is what I saying: new parameters and manual texts. 

Most of the times you can´t communicate parameters from some family types to another except for using shared or global parameters.

kgkLhFH

UsxUVsb

Alan Araújo EESignature
Bee1ColabInstagram Alan Araújo RevitBee1ColabGrupo Whatsapp

Usuários do Autodesk Community:
  • Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução! isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou 🙂
  • Manda um alô nas minhas redes sociais com +600 vídeos de de Revit/BIM, Templates e conteúdos semanais! Gratuitos! 🙂
Message 6 of 9
FinearcLtd
in reply to: alan_eu

Thank you all. I think I am not good at explaining myself. I have already created the Room Key Schedule, I am trying to connect it to a room tag. So that if I define a room to be of a certain style, its tag will update automatically and show its style. I haven't managed to do that because you tag parameters do not connect with key schedules key names. 

I hope I made this clearer now. Your replies assume that I am two steps back from where I really am...

Thanks anyway...

Message 7 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: FinearcLtd

Add built-in parameters such as Floor Finish, Wall Finish, Base Finish, Ceiling Finish, Comments, etc... to you key schedule so that they connect with the Room Style and can show in Room Tags.
Message 8 of 9

As @ToanDN suggested, If you need to tag a value from a KeySchedule make sure it's one of the Builtin parameters you add to the keyschedule, like "Department", "Comments" ed.

All user created parameters in the KeySchedule can't be selected as "Shared Parameter" so can't be tagged. (Hope this changes in the future)

To show the values on sheets, I use seperate views with a Color Scheme for the parameter + Color Fill Legend to display the different values.

Message 9 of 9

Using a parameter that is not the Key Name doesn't really work for the builtin code. When I choose the Key Name all the list of parameters are fed into the specific family type. This will not happen if I do the same with any other parameter. The Key Name is the lead to the group of data. That is how the programmers chose to build this. They do not really understand how things work in our industry. They created a wonderful tool but made it unreachable. Sorry, but this is truly rediculous. With this I sign off this post. Thanks all for your efforts. It really lies within the not so caring Autodesk hands.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report