Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIte orientation and north

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
braicodavid
302 Views, 2 Replies

SIte orientation and north

Hi All,

Just a quick question in relation to setting the north and site orientation in a drawing.

generally with the work I have done, I would orient the work in revit to be square without regard for North etc. this just makes it a little easier to work without angle and sites oriented to north. so what is the best way to go about starting a project where the north position is important? 

would I be able to just change the orientation of north at the end of modeling? can I have 2 coordinate systems in one model? how would you deal with this?

Thanks,
David 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: braicodavid

Keep Project North as is and change the True North relatively.  Set the views where the True North is important use True North.  Set the Views where Plan North is important to use Project North.

Message 3 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: braicodavid

@braicodavid wrote:

can I have 2 coordinate systems in one model?

Revit uses 2 coordinate systems: a survey coordinate system and a project coordinate system.

What you're talking about, is how the model view is oriented on the screen; to Project North (typically orthogonal) or to True North (which may or may not be set up initially, if at all).  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report