Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eaves, count/extend to wall

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
305 Views, 2 Replies

Eaves, count/extend to wall

I am unsure whether this is possible but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. I would like to add sheeting for my eaves and at the same time schedule it to assist with estimating. I would like to possibly create a profile which selects the bottom edge of the roof and extends a 6mm profile towards the building and terminates once it hits the wall. I would then like to schedule how many lineal meters this creates for each depth.

In the below situation I would like to select the roof to create an eave lining the entire way around and the yellow section be 450mm as it extends to the stud wall and 300mm for the blue section as it has the extra 150mm for cavity and brickwork. I would then like to refer to a schedule saying that there is 'x' amount of 300mm eaves lining and 'y' amount of 450mm eaves lining.

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbcarch
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not sure I'm following exactly what you need to do--?

Try using a Roof Soffit. Then set up a Multi-Category Schedule.

You should be able to schedule the Area, then use a formula to get linear feet.

Create a new Calculated Parameter within your project that takes that LF/SQ

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

You can use another roof for this; core material only=your sheathing material. Inside sketch boundary follows plate line, and the outside sketch line follows the existing roof edge. Obviously the sketch boundary will need to be a closed.  Then you close out of sketch mode, go to Section View and adjust offset and align properly to eaves. 

Does that make sense? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators