Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous panning and zooming in several plan views

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Erik_Lundgren
507 Views, 8 Replies

Simultaneous panning and zooming in several plan views

Is there a way to simultaneous pan and zoom in two or more plan views? I am currently workning on an apartment building with several different floors/levels. When I need to coordinate the consecuences of several shafts from the lowest of the two underground levels to the ground floor, I have to pan and zoom in three different views all the time, when I try different locations and dimensions of the shafts.

Scope boxes is a suboptimal solution in this situation. It would be a lot easier to be able to simultaneous pan and zoom in two or more plan views, scope boxes is not even close to beeing flexible/spontanious enough.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

it's already in Idea Forum? thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 9

Well... I think you might be onto something, using scope boxes in terms of coördination. Other then that.. maybe you have a use for saving views from 3D steering wheel and/or perhaps you have a use for design options also ("when I try different locations etc.")...

...apparently you might be able to use the PyRevit plugin as mentioned in the above link provided by @ennujozlagam. Never used that function and don't have it installed here though, you'd have to check yourself 🙂

Message 4 of 9

The post you are referring to was unfortunately not noticed by enough Revit users, so it got archived. I am now trying to renew the topic and hopefully more Revit users will see it now and add more reactions and replies, so that it gets the much needed attention from Autodesk's Revit developers.

This needs to be resolved by Autodesk as soon as possible. I have been wondering about why this is not possible in such an advanced program as Revit, when you quite easily can do the corresponding in for example Microsoft Word. It takes a lot of unnecessary time and effort to pan and zoom in two or more open plan views all the time, when you need to move around an zoom in on different locations on several plan views all the time.

Message 5 of 9
alan_eu
in reply to: Erik_Lundgren

This plugin can sync, different views with an equal pan, zoom and 3Drotate configurations:

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=3637715903460888384&appLang=en&os=Win32_64

Alan Araújo EESignature
Bee1ColabInstagram Alan Araújo RevitBee1ColabGrupo Whatsapp

Usuários do Autodesk Community:
  • Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução! isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou 🙂
  • Manda um alô nas minhas redes sociais com +600 vídeos de de Revit/BIM, Templates e conteúdos semanais! Gratuitos! 🙂
Message 6 of 9
Martijn.Pater
in reply to: alan_eu

@alan_eu nice, except apparently it is not supported anymore, this one seems promising though (from comment section): 3DSync | Revit | Autodesk App Store

Message 7 of 9
alan_eu
in reply to: Martijn.Pater

Seems nice!

Just careful about use many open tabs, it should use too much GPU, RAM and CPU stuff 🙂

Alan Araújo EESignature
Bee1ColabInstagram Alan Araújo RevitBee1ColabGrupo Whatsapp

Usuários do Autodesk Community:
  • Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução! isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou 🙂
  • Manda um alô nas minhas redes sociais com +600 vídeos de de Revit/BIM, Templates e conteúdos semanais! Gratuitos! 🙂
Message 8 of 9
Martijn.Pater
in reply to: alan_eu

@alan_eu thanks, going to look into this one myself. Seems quite useful. 🙂

Message 9 of 9
RobDraw
in reply to: Erik_Lundgren

@Erik_Lundgren wrote:

This needs to be resolved by Autodesk as soon as possible.

LOL. Aren't you a haughty one?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators