Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Tile Schedule

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
KELSEY_BMU8K6
200 Views, 3 Replies

Simple Tile Schedule

Hello! 

I am stumped on a schedule. I am not sure whether I need to create new parameters or if I am just not applying filters correctly.  

I need a schedule of all the tile (materials) within the Revit project, with area quantities so we can add overages and order tile. (See attached Image of the simple schedule I need)

I do NOT need a complete finish schedule. Just a schedule of the Tile within the project --all materials of which have type marks starting with TL-  can I filter out all the other materials? Additionally, will the schedule combine all the areas sf quantity so we have a combined number for each Tile? For example if TL-01 is in two areas will it combine both areas quantity or will those be a separate line item?

Additionally, if the Tile is applied to a wall with splitface, will it account only for the material on the location of the splitface or will it calculate the area of the entire wall regardless of splitface?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Wanted to mention I am in Revit 2022

Message 3 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: KELSEY_BMU8K6

@KELSEY_BMU8K6 wrote:

Hello! 

I am stumped on a schedule. I am not sure whether I need to create new parameters or if I am just not applying filters correctly.  

I need a schedule of all the tile (materials) within the Revit project, with area quantities so we can add overages and order tile. (See attached Image of the simple schedule I need)

I do NOT need a complete finish schedule. Just a schedule of the Tile within the project --all materials of which have type marks starting with TL-  can I filter out all the other materials? Additionally, will the schedule combine all the areas sf quantity so we have a combined number for each Tile? For example if TL-01 is in two areas will it combine both areas quantity or will those be a separate line item?

Yes. Create a filter for the schedule: Begin with TL-

To combine area of the same type, go to Sorting/grouping tab, sort by the target schedule field, uncheck itemize every instance;  Go to Format tab and format the Area field to Calculate Totals.

Additionally, if the Tile is applied to a wall with splitface, will it account only for the material on the location of the splitface or will it calculate the area of the entire wall regardless of splitface?

Material Take-off schedule calculates materials, not components.  SO, if you split face and paint a face with Tile material, then the tile schedule only includes that Tile area, not the entire wall, given the Wall has another materials.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Message 4 of 4
KELSEY_BMU8K6
in reply to: ToanDN

That was beyond helpful, thank you so much!! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report