Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shaft cut pattern

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
almeidaandre
1851 Views, 3 Replies

Shaft cut pattern

Why shaft opening does not have cut patterns? In our workflow we need to create rooms inside shaft in order to have shaft colors in plan. And room have a minimun area size limitation. Little shafts color in plan need to be created with filled regions.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
robin_ballew
in reply to: almeidaandre

This it true about shaft openings. Small shafts are hard to see on a set of drawings and sometimes the X just isn't enough to call it out well. I have used the attached concept in past project. It is just a Generic Model called Shaft Opening. I have attached a detail family that has a filled pattern as the color I want and they adjust together. 

Drawback of this concept:

You will have to manually cut the obects using the Geometry, Cut selection.

Hope this helps.

Robin Ballew
Implementation Consultant, Factory BIM
Message 3 of 4
minjie.wang
in reply to: almeidaandre

It is a good request. Could you log it at the Revit IdeaStation so that other customers could add comments and Revit feature team would review these requests and log them into their team backlog, thanks!

here is the link: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/idb-p/302/tab/most-recent

Minjie Wang
Sr Product Owner
Message 4 of 4

eight years later... do we have a solution to this problem? Of course not. Good job Autodesk!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report