Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section line markers not showing

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
twhitwell6
6833 Views, 24 Replies

Section line markers not showing

Hello all, 

I am having an issue on Revit LT 2021. I have a plan with 2 sections applied to it; 4 of which I have on one sheet, one above the other. 3 views are displaying the section line markers for the other sections, apart from one. I have check the visibility graphics and sections are marked as on; the lightbulb to the toolbar bottom left shows no hidden section lines; and the "hide at scales coarser than" is set to a high scale and the same as the other section views on the page. To my knowledge, all four section views on the page have the same settings. I have even checked the far clip offset to see if the view would be beyond the offset but that all seems grand. 

All the issues online point towards the "hide at scales coarser than" but this isnt my issue (i think). I ve attached a screenshot of my sheet and views.

Any help muchly appreciated, thank you 

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
barthbradley
in reply to: twhitwell6

Check the Phase of the View. 

...Check through this list:

Missing Something in a Revit View? 33 Steps to Find Stuff | Ideate Inc

Message 3 of 25
twhitwell6
in reply to: barthbradley

Unfortunately none of those apply. Theses exact same section lines are showing in the views on the same sheet with the same properties.
Message 4 of 25
barthbradley

Maybe I misunderstood. Are you saying the Section Markers are just not showing on the Sheet, but they do show in the View itself?  

Message 5 of 25
twhitwell6

No they don't show on the sheet or in the view. However they do show in other views which have the same properties
Message 6 of 25
barthbradley

Okay. I find it hard to believe nothing in that list applies.  Is the View's Far Clip intersecting the Section Marker?  Set it to No Clip.  

...do those unseen Markers Reference other Views?

Message 7 of 25
johna

What does the plan view look like? make sure the extents of the sections extends to the wall elevation. as well as try "reveal hidden" just in case..

Criticize but don't hate
Message 8 of 25
twhitwell6
in reply to: johna

All the section markers are visible in the plan view, and I have checked all the extents to ensure they should be visible. Real hidden shows nothing
Message 9 of 25
twhitwell6

It is already set to no clip
Message 10 of 25
twhitwell6

Revit Forum Section Lines not showing 02.png

Message 11 of 25
barthbradley

Number 27 would be the Far Clip I mentioned above - assuming those Section Markers are in front of the Section Marker that created that View.

Message 12 of 25
barthbradley

Can you post the file?  

Message 13 of 25
twhitwell6

I have checked all the extents of the far clip of both the section view where the markers are missing and the 6 markers that should be showing. nothing seems amiss
Message 14 of 25
barthbradley

Have you checked the Cut Plane of the Marker creating the View?

Cut Plane12.png

Message 15 of 25
twhitwell6

All seems to be correct. The one thing maybe I mentioned that was incorrect was that the view is an elevation not a section, however the other views on the page are elevations as well and they are happily showing the section markers
Message 16 of 25
barthbradley

That wouldn't change any of the above feedback.  Are these unseen Section Markers of the Type the reference another View?  I asked this above.  

...can you just post the file so we can dispense with the guessing?  

Message 17 of 25
twhitwell6

Yes they are, sorry i must have missed that question. I will try and post the file now.
Message 18 of 25
twhitwell6

Please see the file attached. The issue im having is on sheet "0203 - Ground Floor - Internal Elevations 01" and the elevation is "0F - Internal Elevation South - Hall"

Message 19 of 25
barthbradley

@twhitwell6 wrote:
Yes they are, sorry i must have missed that question. I will try and post the file now.

Yes, they are Referencing Other View???

Message 20 of 25
ToanDN

If the section lines are not perpendicular to the elevation view then they will not show in that view.  Workaround, place sections on that view and reference the actual section views.

ToanDN_0-1642783450866.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators