Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schema error for most of my current projects

42 REPLIES 42
Message 1 of 43
akdstudio
9818 Views, 42 Replies

Schema error for most of my current projects

In the last couple of weeks I have not been able to open more than one project file at a time.  In fact, I cannot open another project, until I close Revit and reopen it.  I receive this error:

the file contains data of Schema TraceItSchema, provided by vendor, that has the same Id as a different Schema already in memory.  If you continue, these data wil be erased from the file.  You should be able to reopen the file with the data intact after restoarting Revit.  Do you wish to continue loading the file?

I have copied and resaved these files as new names, Audited them.  I even clicked yes, to let it erase the data, but all it did was crash Revit.  I do not have worksets enabled, I have been the only one working on all of these files.  I thought maybe it was a component that I downloaded, but I can't figure out which one if it is.  The only plugins I have are Bluebeam and Anderson Windows, but I just uninstalled Andersen Windows so see if that was the culprit.  Also, I have seen this error many times now, but it does not always say the exact same thing.  Sometimes, instead of "TraceItSchema" it is "EnigmaSchema", and probably others that I have not noticed.

You should know that I am using Revit 2014, and I know absolutely nothing about the programming side of Autodesk.  I am a sole proprietor business, so I do not have IT or Administrators.  If anyone has any suggestions, or has ever seen this before... if you could send me in the right direction, that would be great.  I am super busy right now, and this is really slowing progress.  Thanks!

42 REPLIES 42
Message 21 of 43
PEB73
in reply to: akdstudio

Did anyone bottom this issue? Is it a bad family? I'm having this problem with Revit 2016 & 2017.

The error quotes " The file contains data of schema ClassificationManager_XS, provided by vendor ADSK, that has the same Id as a different Schema already in memory. ......"

Message 22 of 43
esk0r
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, would you mind sharing a download link again? 

Rene Pellicer Garcia
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 23 of 43
PEB73
in reply to: esk0r

Hi, Sorry I missed this. I eventually had to upgrade to Revit 2018 after lots of hardware and software issues and I haven't had the issue again (yet!).

Message 24 of 43
Darin_HDR

This issue just popped up for me within the last couple of weeks. I have a Revit template file I just created that is realtivly clean. When I open the Revit template file in Revit 2020.2 I get no error. However, when I open it in Revit 2021.1.2 and it upgrades the file to Revit 2021, I do get the TraceItSchema conflict error. I was not able to find the TraceIt addin in Revit or on my computer (though I may have installed it previously). 

During the upgrade to 2021, I selected to overwrite the TraceItScema. I now no longer (at least the one time I tried it) get the conflict error when opening a new project in Revit 2021 using the template file that had previously been saved as Revit 2020 (but is not formated for Revit 2021). 

I'm running Revit 2021.1.2

Message 25 of 43
Basam.Yousif

6 years later, I'm using Revit 2023 to upgrade a 2022 model, and it will not because of this same error.

2022-05-03 10_46_07-Autodesk Revit 2023 - [Home].png

Message 26 of 43
javierN7G4T

I am also having this error come on up revit 2022. I have been working on my files w/o any issues for months. Now all the sudden I have this come up. 
What I do is I press do not load, then I close out revit completely, then when I open my file again, the error does not reappear. 

I am scared to press the continue to load file, not sure what is the worse that can happen.

Did anyone notice any differences if they pressed Continue to load?

Message 27 of 43
esk0r
in reply to: Basam.Yousif

Hi,

Your issue here has to do with conflicting addin schemas. The file has info from this addin, if you do not need to retain this info, you can just go ahead and click on Continue Opening the Model and once open, do a save as to keep an upgraded copy of the model.

If you need to keep that addin info, you'll need to identify which of your currently loaded addins in Revit is the one conflicting. I suggest you disable all addins first, upgrade the model, save as, and then once you have an upgraded copy, start re-enabling addins one at a time until you find the culprit. Then you can explore your options... (eg which addin to keep etc).
Here is a link on how to enable/disable revit addins: How to disable add-ins for Revit | Revit | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Hope this helps 🙂

Rene Pellicer Garcia
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 28 of 43
esk0r
in reply to: javierN7G4T

Hi,

See my reply just now to Basam.Yousif. Hope it explains the error a bit more and what options you have.

Rene Pellicer Garcia

EESignature

Message 29 of 43
josephsWYW3U

What addin causes this? We just started encountering this on a Revit 2022 model that has been fine.
Message 30 of 43
RobDraw
in reply to: josephsWYW3U

The message tells you where the problem is coming from. A lot of the people here assumed it was the same error popping up for them but they didn't read the message carefully enough to realize it was different.

@josephsWYW3U wrote:
What addin causes this?

Read the message again, carefully.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 31 of 43
casquatch

So I had a user ask about this error. We are receiving the error when opening some of our projects in Revit 2022.1.3. We don't use anything to do with TraceIt or InViewLabs (and never have), yet this schema has still seemed to attach itself to some of our projects. I'd like to remove it entirely, but can't seem to find any way to achieve this. @Anonymous  / @Anonymous - You were in this discussion previously talking about this specific addin / schema, do you have any thoughts?

Message 32 of 43
RobDraw
in reply to: casquatch

@casquatch wrote:

So I had a user ask about this error.

Are you sure it's the same error? It should state the source of the schema. I have found that even if the offending add-in has been uninstalled/deleted the error can pop-up. I was able to resolve the error by installing the most up to date version of the add-in on all affected machines.

Rob

Message 33 of 43
casquatch
in reply to: RobDraw

I believe so. Here's a snip of it from the user. I can open one of the offending files, then sync and close and open the other and it'll show up for me as well.

TracetIt.png

We don't and never have used this addin, so not sure why it should even be showing up for us...

Message 34 of 43
RobDraw

Do you have multiple links from 3rd parties? Maybe the conflict is between links.

I've also found that the name of the schema doesn't necessarily have to be the name of the add-in.

Rob

Message 35 of 43
josephsWYW3U
in reply to: RobDraw

That's the struggle, it doesn't give any indication on where the error is coming from. This error started popping up last Wednesday on a project that's been underway for over a year. It said "EnigmaSchema". I verified to makes sure everyone upgraded to the latest version of Revit, I updated all add-ins, eventually turned them all off and still couldn't open the file.

Eventually we rolled back to a previous sync that existed before the error popped up. We haven't get "EnigmaSchema" errors yet BUT if I "Open with Audit" we get the "TraceItSchema" error reported by other users. We don't, nor have we ever used TraceIt. 

I'd like to get ahead of this and find a way to fix it before this happens again, but there's no indication on what specifically is happening. We do have consultant models linked in, but they're not reporting the error, and again this project has been plodding forward for sometime.

Message 36 of 43
josephsWYW3U

@casquatch @RobDraw 

So still working through this but I FINALLY got some progress (Support has been a huge help). Occasionally we get errors when linking consultant models or families into our Revit models. These errors would generally name "TraceIt" or "Enigma" schema. Neither of which are known Add-Ins associated with anything we've done. I contacted @Anonymous per the previous posts here. They had a plugin that would delete the TraceIt Schema, but that broke when Autodesk made an API update. They sent me the plugin, and when it was enabled I was able to see the schema and purge it (Schema b4a4ade1-a646-400d-aded-3cf64d759c01). HOWEVER, upon saving and closing the project, the Schema would come back. A short term fix was to load without worksets to identify which linked models were conflicting with ours. Once we unloaded those our teams could continue to work (but that's not a long-term solution obliviously). Once the offending model was identified, we ran tests by exporting family libraries and checking journals to identify which families (if any) contained the schema's. We tried deleting the offending families, but the Schema's persisted in the files. 

We were finally able to get around with testing on locally stored files by using the following approach (Currently testing on shared cloud models):

1. Install the Unifi Cleanup Tool

2. Open affected Revit file

3. Select "Purge All Unused", select none and scroll down to see if there is a storage schema listed under "Extensible Storage Schema". If it's there, select and purge it.

4. Save the file

5. Again select "Purge All Unused" and check for the schema. It should have come back. Purge it again.

6. Save your file

7. Close Revit entirely

8. Re-open your file with the UNIFI Cleanup tool enabled

9. Check "Purge Unused" and confirm that the Schema is not longer in the project

It's worth noting that we don't know what content the schema has, but we haven't found it to be critical to our work so far. I'm currently pulling down models that are in early schematic and have this schema and purging it from them before we get too many consultants working in our ecosystem.

Workshared cloud models on mature projects are likely more complicated due to nested families and links, so we're looking into potential workflows so we don't disrupt our teams and potentially create unintended consequences. 

I'm also looking into writing a macro to delete the Schema so we don't have to rely on the Unifi cleaning tool, but as this works currently, we'll be using it for now.

Message 37 of 43
esk0r
in reply to: josephsWYW3U

Interesting. Have you tried pyRevit? It has a tool for wiping out lingering schemas in a model. I can follow up with more details if you need them (on my phone at the moment).

Rene Pellicer Garcia

EESignature

Message 38 of 43
esk0r

Here are some screenshots of the pyRevit tool for wiping data schemas:

esk0r_0-1675701363100.pngesk0r_1-1675701392033.png

I hope this helps!

Rene Pellicer Garcia

EESignature

Message 39 of 43
josephsWYW3U

Thank you! I did not know PyRevit had this function. I'll check it out!

Message 40 of 43
josephsWYW3U

@esk0r 

Just FYI to follow-up on this, PyRevit could see the Schema, but I got an error when trying to delete it. Great to know PyRevit can see these things however, so I have another tool in my belt to deal with this in the future.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report