Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schema error for most of my current projects

42 REPLIES 42
Message 1 of 43
akdstudio
9484 Views, 42 Replies

Schema error for most of my current projects

In the last couple of weeks I have not been able to open more than one project file at a time.  In fact, I cannot open another project, until I close Revit and reopen it.  I receive this error:

the file contains data of Schema TraceItSchema, provided by vendor, that has the same Id as a different Schema already in memory.  If you continue, these data wil be erased from the file.  You should be able to reopen the file with the data intact after restoarting Revit.  Do you wish to continue loading the file?

I have copied and resaved these files as new names, Audited them.  I even clicked yes, to let it erase the data, but all it did was crash Revit.  I do not have worksets enabled, I have been the only one working on all of these files.  I thought maybe it was a component that I downloaded, but I can't figure out which one if it is.  The only plugins I have are Bluebeam and Anderson Windows, but I just uninstalled Andersen Windows so see if that was the culprit.  Also, I have seen this error many times now, but it does not always say the exact same thing.  Sometimes, instead of "TraceItSchema" it is "EnigmaSchema", and probably others that I have not noticed.

You should know that I am using Revit 2014, and I know absolutely nothing about the programming side of Autodesk.  I am a sole proprietor business, so I do not have IT or Administrators.  If anyone has any suggestions, or has ever seen this before... if you could send me in the right direction, that would be great.  I am super busy right now, and this is really slowing progress.  Thanks!

42 REPLIES 42
Message 2 of 43
Anonymous
in reply to: akdstudio

I am having the same problem with respect to linking in our engineer models.  They are having the same problem with linking in our model.  They are able to eliminate it by detaching and saving out the architectural model we send them as a new model; discarding our worksets; removing all the links (CAD & Revit); and purging everything that is unused.  For our part, we don't have any issues with the structural or electrical models but we get the same error when we try to link the mechanical and plumbing model in.  The detach, save, discard, link removal and purge processes don't seem to be helping to eliminate the error for our model.  Any additional info anyone might have regarding this would be much appreciated!!

Micah

Message 3 of 43
jason_trahan
in reply to: Anonymous

Is there a fix to this??

Message 4 of 43

Installing UR9 for Revit 2015 fixed it on my end Smiley Happy

Autodesk Revit 2015 Update Release 9 for R2

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 43
Anonymous
in reply to: miguelvalencia5598

thx for the tip.  I was having it happen on 2014 but perhaps I missed an update for that version.

Message 6 of 43
Anonymous
in reply to: jason_trahan

see other posts below. perhaps this will work
Message 7 of 43
jason_trahan

I tried the above methods, no luck. I also upgraded to 2015 and I get the same error.  Checked the journal file and it gives me a GUID but I can't figure out how to search for this...

Jrn.Data "TaskDialogResult"  _
        , "The file contains data of Schema TraceItSchema, provided by vendor , that has the same Id as a different Schema already in memory. If you continue, these data will be erased from the file. You should be able to reopen the file with the data intact after restarting Revit. Do you wish to continue loading the file?",  _
         "No", "IDNO"
' 7:< ::19:: Delta VM: Avail +2 -> 8385666 MB, Used -7 -> 1456 MB; RAM: Avail -7 -> 25469 MB, Used +5 -> 1543 MB, Peak +11 -> 1550 MB
' 7:< DBG_WARN: Schema b4a4ade1-a646-400d-aded-3cf64d759c01 conflicts with a different Schema with the same GUID.
'
'Expect a soft crash after this warning.

Message 8 of 43
Anonymous

Hi akdstudio, 

My name is Chi and I am the developer of the Raychem Trace-It addin at InviewLabs. Please contact me ASAP to get this issue resolved. You can reach me by my email: chi.huynh@inviewlabs.com. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you.

Regards,

Chi

Message 9 of 43
Anonymous

Hi All,

Please download the installer from the link below, it will resolve the issue. Once the app is installed, when you open any project, the schema will be removed permanently. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any further questions, thanks.

https://ibdrg.egnyte.com/dl/Etd5Q3O7hH/INVIEWlabs%20CleanProject.zip_

Regards,

Chi

Message 10 of 43
akdstudio

Thanks Chi. I downloaded the file, extracted and double clicked. There were a few seconds the installer popped up, then nothing. Opened Revit, didn't see anything in the Addin. Opened two or three projects and received a TraceIt Schema error. How do I tell if it installed? I am running Building Suite 2014 64bit right now. Is there a chance the file is not correct or corrupted? I downloaded it multiple times.
Message 11 of 43
Anonymous

You can to to Programs and Features and search for "CleanProject." InviewLabs.CleanProject.Installer will show up if it is installed. You can always reach me by my email: chi.huynh@inviewlabs.com 

Capture.PNG

Message 12 of 43
EmptySaturnV

I hate to resurrect an older thread, but I am having the same issue now in 2017. It seems to be due to families I have gotten from the Autodesk Seek site. Does this tool work for Revit 2017? This is driving me insane and has already corrupted 2 of my projects and do have the latest updates installed for Revit.

Message 13 of 43
Anonymous
in reply to: EmptySaturnV

I hate to confirm, but I am using 2016 R2_Build 6 and have the same issue...Enigma Schema and it is with Plumbing model only.

It doesn't let me attach the file to Navisworks too. Pretty annoying. Please let me know if somebody has a fix for this erro?

Message 14 of 43
Anonymous

For some reason, I think that E-transmit app has something to do with all this.

Message 15 of 43
Anonymous

We have a single tool. This is a revit add-in (supporting 2012 – 2017) that removes the offending schema from a project (if found) when the project is loaded. We’ve put the installer MSI on Egnyte at the following link:

https://ibdrg.egnyte.com/dl/87IKjl0k4O

This will run silently in the background so once you install there is no obvious indication the issue is fixed, but once you run your project the error will be resolved.

Please let me know if this solution does not resolve your issue.

Message 16 of 43
Anonymous

Did not fix it. Thanks!

[cid:image001.png@01D20CFF.47DAEF90]

Juliana Milanov, CM-BIM, LEED AP(BD+C, HOMES) | BIM Manager
2400 Apopka Boulevard | Apopka, Florida 32703
407.293.4000x2584 o
407.925.6413 m
jmilanov@finfrock.com

[finfrock_logo_1-C_BLUE.png]

www.finfrock.com

NOTICE: This transmission is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information belonging to the sender that is confidential and/or privileged. Any unauthorized review, disclosure, copying, retransmission or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all copies of the transmission.
Message 17 of 43
Anonymous

purge the file, create new central....bad family causing schema error.

Message 18 of 43
Anonymous

I did all that already and still the same result. Thanks!

Juliana Milanov, CM-BIM, LEED AP(BD+C, HOMES) | BIM Manager
Message 19 of 43
Anonymous

Can you please email the error you recieved to Support@unifilabs.com with as much detail as possible and we can have someone look into the issue?

Message 20 of 43
hfleckKHQNX

@Anonymous wrote:

purge the file, create new central....bad family causing schema error.

But agrichenko, if the bad family that is causing the schema error is being used in the project it wouldn't be removed by a purge. This would mean that the error would still persist.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators