Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Curtain Panel Area

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2940 Views, 7 Replies

Scheduling Curtain Panel Area

I have a multi-category schedule.  I'm attempting to schedule the area of multiple Curtain Panels in a project.

Seems simple enough.  If I select individual curtain panels, I can see their areas in the properties, but cannot get them onto a actual schedule.

I do not want to do this as a window schedule (long story).

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cbcarch
in reply to: Anonymous

You should be able to use a Curtain Panel Schedule. ( edit--Toan is correct, not Multi-Category Schedule. )

Select Area parameter and add it to your fields.

Select Family and Type and add to fields.

Then make sure you have "calculate totals" selected for Area parameter.

Check "Itemize every instance" to see area of each panel.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 8
ToanDN

Curtain Panel Area field is not available for Multi-category schedule.  You need to use Curtain Panel schedule.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

I feared that would be the answer.  ugh.

Message 5 of 8
ToanDN

@Anonymous wrote:

I feared that would be the answer.  ugh.

A multi-category schedule can only include fields common to a wide range of categories such as Identity parameters and shared parameters with manual input.  Area and other geometry reporting parameters are category specific, thus they are not available.  

Message 6 of 8
Alan-Macejewski

I would simply use a material takeoff schedule and pull the area of the glass after applying the material. If you uncheck "itemize every instance" to receive the total area of the curtain panels then make sure to calculate totals in the formatting schedule properties. I have an example below.

Glazing Takeoff.JPG

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Is it possible to filter by Level. Level or Base Constraint parameter is not showing in schedule fields

Message 8 of 8
ToanDN

Maybe change the panels to a basic wall type so you can have level base information.  Just a thought.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report