Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule w/ calculated parameter that calcs totals from two different parameters

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1926 Views, 5 Replies

Schedule w/ calculated parameter that calcs totals from two different parameters

I work in government contracts where all area calculations need to include any outdoor covered areas(aka canopies, overhangs, etc) into the total gross area.  The kicker is that these areas are always valued at 1/2 the actual floor area they cover (Example: 4' x 6' Canopy = 12 SF in the total gross area calculation).

I want to know if there is a way to create a schedule that can add a building footprint area or room areas with a half value for the "covered" area which are at half value to create a total gross area that is accurate per the necessary area values.

If this is the correct first step, I have already created an formatted parameter to calculate areas to be 1/2 the true value but after that I cannot figure out a way to have the correct total value tabulated.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymouswrote:

I have already created an formatted parameter to calculate areas to be 1/2 the true value but after that I cannot figure out a way to have the correct total value tabulated.

Do you mean you have an empty parameter field inserted, or a calculated parameter written? The later is how you would do it. For instance: (FieldA X FieldB)/2.  But, somehow I think you know that already.  What are meaning by: "have the correct total value tabulated".  

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Yes, I already created a column for that but my goal is to have a calculated total(whether it appears at the bottom of the schedule per the "conditional formatting" under the "formatting" tab of "schedule properties" or is a calculated parameter itself) that combines specific areas(covered areas that are 1/2 the true area value) with the rest of the building footprint area(true area value). 

Does that clarify at all?

Message 4 of 6
barthbradley

@Anonymouswrote:

Does that clarify at all?

Well, sort of. I think you might be also talking Sorting/Grouping and Formatting functions (e.g. itemizing, totaling, etc). Could you post a picture of what you have so far to help me visualize?  

Message 5 of 6
ToanDN

@Anonymous wrote:

I work in government contracts where all area calculations need to include any outdoor covered areas(aka canopies, overhangs, etc) into the total gross area.  The kicker is that these areas are always valued at 1/2 the actual floor area they cover (Example: 4' x 6' Canopy = 12 SF in the total gross area calculation).

I want to know if there is a way to create a schedule that can add a building footprint area or room areas with a half value for the "covered" area which are at half value to create a total gross area that is accurate per the necessary area values.

If this is the correct first step, I have already created an formatted parameter to calculate areas to be 1/2 the true value but after that I cannot figure out a way to have the correct total value tabulated.

See below:

Capture.PNG

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Perfect, thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report