Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Footer Opacity

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
chughes
1000 Views, 11 Replies

Schedule Footer Opacity

Is it possible to control schedule footer fill color?  I know that typical cells shading color can be adjusted by a single digit to make them 'white' and opaque.  I cannot find where the footer can be changed.

2020-01-30 10_51_05-Window.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
barthbradley
in reply to: chughes

like this?

Shade.png

Message 3 of 12
chughes
in reply to: barthbradley

I believe so, yes.  Whereabouts mightn't I find that adjustment?

Message 4 of 12
barthbradley

It is a slight pain in the buttocks to do.  It's a solid-colored Fill Region on the Sheet -- which itself is a workaround since Revit doesn't allow Filled Regions to be placed on a Sheet.  Do you want to go there?  

1. In Sheet View: Draw a Detail Line and Group it.

2. In Model Plan View: Place instance of Group and edit it. 

3. In Group Edit mode: Draw a Rectangular Solid-Colored Fill Region and click Finish to close out of Group Editing mode.

4. In Sheet View: Select the Group (now a Rectangular Solid-Colored Fill Region) and edit it.

5. In Group Edit mode: resize the Rectangular Solid-Colored Fill Region and click Finish to close out of Group Editing mode.

Message 5 of 12
ToanDN

Create a Legend view 1:1 with a masking the same size as your footer and place it on sheet where the footer is.
Message 6 of 12
chughes
in reply to: ToanDN

This probably works probably the best.  Adding reference planes to the legend background allows for edge alignment.

Message 7 of 12
ToanDN

The approach of using a region on sheet works too.
- draw detail lines on sheet first
- group them
- place the group in a drafting view and add a masking/fill region
- the group on sheet with be updated with the region
Message 8 of 12
barthbradley

I've used both approaches. Six of one; half-dozen of another. I just happen to prefer the Fill Region on Sheet better.

Message 9 of 12
chughes

After working with the grouped detail region option, I have changed my opinion and agree that the grouped detail region works better.  I do want to note that the region has to be a Filled Region.  A Masking Region will not work.

Message 10 of 12
barthbradley

I never said masking region. Where did that come from? 

Message 11 of 12
chughes

ToanDN mentioned masking/filled region, and I mentally defaulted to masking region thinking of 'masking' something.  I wanted to point it out for clarity, for others reading the solution.

Message 12 of 12
Ian_Shafer

Has anyone (including Autodesk) found a real solution to this? Adding 'pasties' to a drafting view isn't very BIM.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report